Borderlands 3 - Patch and Hotfix [09/10/2020] - Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck DLC

BORDERLANDS 3 PATCH AND HOTFIXES: SEPTEMBER 10, 2020

POSTED: SEP 10 2020

Today we will release an update for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. This update adds support for the new campaign add-on Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck and addresses some additional character and Mayhem changes.

NEW CONTENT:

• Added support for Borderlands 3’s forth campaign add-on: Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck
  • Increased the level cap by five levels to 65

GENERAL

• Added two more ammo SDU upgrades for pistols, shotguns, submachine guns, assault rifles, and grenades and two expansion SDU upgrades for the Lost Loot machine on Sanctuary III
  • Addressed a reported concern where the “Refill Ammo” prompt would persist for clients in a multiplayer session
  • Player class icons will now show with profile pictures for Steam and Epic Games Store PC cross-platform players

MAYHEM

• Players will now have a chance to redeem themselves in Fight For Your Life when Slayer is active and they have killed an enemy with melee
  • Mayhem modifiers will no longer change when players join through matchmaking
  • Added Mayhem damage scaling support to shields with Nova or Reflect behaviors

CHARACTER

• Amara’s Ties that Bind augment now only passes gun and melee damages to enemies

Certain types of damage were unintentionally being passed to other enemies caught in the Phasegrasp. This change prevents those interactions, but no other changes have been made to this skill.

• The Beastmaster’s Headcount passive skill no longer prevents Rakk Attack from gaining the proper number of charges when scoring critical hits
  • The Beastmaster’s Dominance skill will continue to damage beast targets throughout the skill’s duration
  • The Beastmaster’s St4ckbot class mod will no longer reset its damage stack increase when an enemy takes damage from a splash source or elemental damage done over time
  • The Beastmaster’s Friend-Bot class mod now increases pet damage
  • The Gunner’s Drowning in Brass passive skill now applies bonus damage to both of Iron Bear’s weapons, rather than just the left

HOTFIXES

To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied!” If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Addressed a reported concern that the Legendary Shotgun The Garcia would fire vertically when being used by the client in multiplayer
22 Likes

Time to revisit Killer Queen…

Much appreciated. There are still other issues present but this is a great step forward.

9 Likes

And there goes my weekend… :smile:

2 Likes

Looks great! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hopefully something to address the reported concerns regarding consoles crashing, particularly the XB1X. Would also like to see the split screen performance addressed but guessing that isn’t happening either.

12 Likes

Tasty. I wonder if the gunner fix sorts out the fire rate discrepancy between the arms?

To be honest I was expecting way more changes in this patch.
What about enemies doing Mayhem damage and option for manual select of the modifiers?

49 Likes

So much this.

It’s about time that we kill enemies doing MH10 damage, before we get another OP levels …fustercluck.

3 Likes

That’s it ? i was expecting way more changes like M10 enemy damage ? Reroll modifiers ? Useless roll and Class mod/Artefact ? Bug fixes ? Weapons buff ? Anoints change ? I hope there is still something coming up very soon , the only great is the DLC and SCaling shields

13 Likes

Pretty much the same feeling I have tbh, was expecting way more than this for patch notes.

I hope this dlc is good though…

4 Likes

YES! This should be good :smiley:

Any word on fixing enemies doing M10 damage?

1 Like

Yes!

Double yess!!

Triple yesss!!!

2 Likes

Until this is addressed, I’m staying in MM1 only. The enemy gun damage increase isn’t too bad there. (Plus the lootsplosion and slayer modifiers aren’t completely obnoxious and I’m ok running with one of those.)

I’d just play in vanilla non-mayhem, but putting the game in mayhem mode “fixes” a couple glitches some of my characters have: certain maps of DLC2 are locked to the level my character was at when they first visited those maps (and yes I’m playing on TVHM), for example a bunch of early DLC2 maps are stuck at 57 in terms of loot and enemies for my main FL4K. Putting the game in mayhem mode forces them to scale.

4 Likes

@Noelle_GBX

Enemies are still doing Mayhem 10 damage, and it’s a huge problem for non-healthgate builds like mines…is there a future fix? Does GBX know?

I’m surprised they didn’t scale shields, as that would’ve raised nova/reflect damage AND fixed the M10 enemy damage problem…

5 Likes

Nothing bad but … content before fixes yet again. The former would be more enjoyable after the latter.

22 Likes

give us a way to disable Mayem modifiers…

at least i’ll can try online again as they won’t be reset each time : /

Mayhem modifiers suck (and I’m pissed that a random designer is so blind to realise that)

7 Likes

Time to get back in the game :+1:t2:

1 Like

Awesome patch, very excited!!

However, this means Rushin Offensive is stilled bugged (not working the way it used to before lifesteal was added to the skill). It’s been many months of this, figured I post it here to get it some attention.

4 Likes

12 PM PST?
Is that a typo, should it be 12 PM EST? I believe the other 3 DLCs were released at around 12 PM EST.
Am I wrong?