Borderlands 3 PS5 problems

Hi, has anyone experienced random gun nerfing while playing on PS5? I played hundreds of hours on PS4 and never had any problems, but now… Last time I played was two days ago and everything was just fine, today when I logged in, I realized that my guns’ damage has been cut in half. My Headsplosion used to deal over 8k dmg, now it deals only 4k; my shotgun used to deal 25k dmg, now it deals 12k; and so on. It happened to all the guns, even the ones I had had stored in the safe. Most importantly, it’s not the first time it happened for me, only that the previous time it happened while I was low level, so the difference wasn’t as drastic as it is now. Because now I’m lvl 63, and so are all the enemies, and it’s almost impossible to complete a location, cause I deal so low damage… It’s heartbreaking really, I was super excited to play today, now I’m just mad cause I literally can’t play due to the damage I deal now. Did anyone have a similar problem? :pleading_face:
Moreover, the PS5 trophies are just broken. I have discovered all named locations and deciphered all of the eridian slabs, but the trophy meter on Playstation app still says that I made 0% progress in those trophies. I basically should have had the platinum trophy by now, but it’s just broken :man_shrugging:

I don’t know about the trophies but as for the guns, make sure each time you play the game you wait until you see a sign that says “hotfixes applied” on the main menu. If you begin playing before the hotfix applies a lot of guns will do much less damage.

1 Like

You know what, that actually worked! Thank you so much! I still have no idea why would logging in without all those hotfixes would break the game that was previously all right, but oh well.
As for the thropies, still nothing. Here’s my galaxy map with all locations and eridian writing checked out, still no trophies :man_shrugging:

1 Like

For the Eridian recordings achievement I had to go to Sanctuary, walk to the lab (where Tannis is), stand right next to the giant Eridian slab and while looking at it I had to press the “activate” button very quickly multiple times. On Playstation I imagine that’s the square button. For some reason just activating the slab once never worked, I had to rapidly press the button until the achievement finally activated.

I’m aware of that, because I had similar problem while getting this trophy on PS4 and this did the trick for me back then. Unfortunately, on PS5 this solution no longer works, I tried it several times. Guess we’ll have to wait for Gearbox to fix it :man_shrugging:

1 Like