Borderlands 3 Ulimate Edition, Arms Race Gameplay, and More Revealed on the Borderlands Show

Polygon and a lot of other news articles are all calling it battle royal

2 Likes

1 Year Ago - "Borderlands 3… nice… i’ll get the Super Deluxe edition to get all the content at once like i did with the Handsome Jack Collection

1 Year Later - “Ultimate Edition Released: includes new skill trees as discussed at launch of game that would be made available…”… but you didn’t mention it would be behind a paywall…

14 Likes

Not like anyone that could influence this will read this, but like I’ve said before I’d appreciate the least bit of information about what the Director’s Cut entails before being asked to spend money on it.

Thank you for giving the new VH looks to old season pass holders, though.

There’s a group of people that regularly attempt BL2 1-life challenges, if that’s your thing. I recently started following the scene. It’s neat, not impossible (though yeah hard), and has taught me a fair bit about the game.

Not so much for BL3, for a number of reasons, but primarily because it’s much easier to get OP gear.

3 Likes

I haven’t played since Krieg DLC dropped and none of this does anything towards making me want to pick my controller up again.

Guess I’ll see you all in 8 years when BL4 happens

2 Likes

One more question, how can current BL3 owners get the new “gold weapon skins pack” without rebuying the game with the ultimate?

I’m assuming it’s different from the one that came w/ the Super Deluxe edition because the above table doesn’t include it for that version. Unless that’s a mistake?

5 Likes

Make Note _ NEVER EVER PRE-ORDER ANYTHING BORDERLANDS RELATED EVER AGAIN

17 Likes

Slap in the damn face. Can’t believe i spent $100 on this

11 Likes

Gearbox is so dedicated, they can’t even spell “Ultimate” right.

4 Likes

So, am I too dumb to read or is there still no pricing or info about the director’s cut? Just under 2 weeks away from release and we still don’t know what we’re buying and at what cost. That’s absolutely ridiculous.

6 Likes

I too have this question.

Iirc Gold Weapons skins were added as pre-order bonus. You can buy them separately right now.

SP2 will cost 30 USD. Each dlc included will cost 15 USD afaik.

3 Likes

My wallet is going to bleed here in Brasil :joy:

I would understand if Arms Race had its own separate skill tree that only worked in that particular mode of the game, and not in normal campaign mode; however, the decision to completely disable skill trees in a game LITERALLY ABOUT skill trees, builds, and interactions, is totally bizarre.

1 Like

Yeah, no thanks.

Edit: also not sure 4 new versions are enough. I’ll wait for the one that either fixes the game we’re already had for a year or comes with a free butt scratcher, whichever happens first.

8 Likes

Yep, I already spent enough money being an unpaid beta tester for GBX.

I’m aware of your new Season Pass and have looked into it but for actually purchasing it, not at this time.

3 Likes

Mayhem mode 11 with no modifiers?

I CAN PLAY AGAIN!!

Funny. i thought I already bought the *ultimate deluxe with cheese" edition.
Turns out I didn’t.
Better be cheap. As in really cheap.

-edit-

Close but no cigar. That will probably end up as $50 CDN. Not going there right now. Maybe once we know what the futur cut will be.

5 Likes

Yeah, they should share some details about Director’s Cut.
Here is official info about Designer’s Cut price. I assumed second dlc will cost the same, but it can always be more expensive. Right now, there is no point buying SP2.

6 Likes

I wonder if they’ll make the second dlc cost $20 to justify the $30 season pass

5 Likes

It’s almost like they are deliberately TRYING to ■■■■ up.

New skill trees! + New game mode…where you can’t use skills.
(if we wanted to play a game where we could only use a gun and shoot enemies until they were dead, we would play one of the thousand Battlefield, CoD, etc. games. The skills are what set this game apart and made it fun)

New content and features that will inevitably aggravate the issues of the current bugs and broken systems

I mean, come on. Literally pause and think for two seconds before you start working on things for the game. I really don’t see how that is so difficult.

@Noelle_GBX
Honestly, thank you for your work. You are in no way responsible for the news you bring us and I honestly appreciate that you do bring us news. You probably get a bit of unfair flak for the info you bring us and I just want you to know plenty of us appreciate what you do.

10 Likes