Borderlands 3 Windows 7 32bit shows Unsupported OS at Epic Store Download

Pre-purchased Borderlands 3
Required Specs show OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 Latest Service Pack.

Attempting to pre-install from Epic Store, shows Borderlands 3 – Unsupported OS

I see no mention of 64bit OS requirements on the official page? (See above)

How do I get to play the game I purchased, based on the official requirements page?

It does say latest service pack on it. The part I can’t recall or not is if Microsoft only extended support for the 64bit version of it when they’d originally planned to drop support for the windows 7 OS. Because if they only released updates for the 64bit version after that point it would technically mean you actually don’t meet the OS requirement.

Windows 7 is still supported for both 32bit and 64bit according to Microsoft Support until:

January 14, 2020 when their extended support ends.

No difference between 32/64 bit as far as support is concerned.

If you’re 32 bit, you have a total of 4 gigabytes of addressable memory. Your video card memory counts toward this limit.

I’m sorry to say, your system does not meet spec because a 2gb video card leaves you with 2gb of RAM to run the O/S and game.

IMO, nobody should be running a 32-bit OS in 2019, much less gaming on it. But best of luck to you if you can do it.

1 Like

If you can’t offer advice, leave the thread, please.

Sorry to see the box that we played Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel have to go the way of all good things. Looks like I will need a new PC for this game.

Thanks for the info. Go start some Mayhem!!!