Borderlands Character Survey!

There’s no lack of vivid characters in the Borderlands games, from an annoying (but sometimes lovable) robot to a megalomaniac corporate CEO. Whether it’s a deluxe character statue, a cosplay reference guide, or a limited-edition art print, we’re always looking to find new ways to bring our characters to life outside of their games.

That’s where you come in! Now that we’ve launched Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, it’s time to find out the community’s new favorite characters. Let us know who you think we should focus our future efforts on in this Borderlands Character Survey!

9 Likes

This is just characters over-all (visual, attitude, story) correct? I just want to make sure because while my favorite characters in general appear outside of TPS, the characters class tress and balancing were in my opinion the highlight of TPS. I don’t want to send the message I didn’t love the class design even though I wasn’t the most impressed with the stories and writing.

I’d love to see Maya, however I don’t think that makes a lot of sense story wise.

I’m going to have to think about this abit before I figure it out.

I love Maya playable but I think she was boring as far as personality goes, how do I compare that to lets say Tannis who I think is one of the all time great NPCs.

Interpret favorite however you’d like! Consider who you would like to see on swag, cosplay guides for, merch, etc.

1 Like

So do you announce when Zero wins? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I actually ranked the characters while taking personality, gameplay, and lore all into consideration. That said, if I ranked them based on personality alone, it would have to be MISTER TORGUE HIGH-FIVE FLEXINGTON, Tiny Tina, Claptrap, and—for me personally—Athena. I’ve always liked Athena since The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, and I had always wondered why she never showed up in Borderlands 2.

Gameplay-wise, however, it had and always will be Zero. :smiley:

Are you looking for characters to narrate the campaign DLC?
Janey wins.

No Pickle, please. Unless it’s a couple of missions, out of fifty or something.

I don’t know much about Janey (since I haven’t played TPS yet), but I hear she’s quite the sweetheart and has quite the crush on Athena.

Racist Hot Dog will always be my favourite character :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i rated them on how i liked them. had to use an other just so i could put pickle last. right next to nakayama. First place, of course, went to

1 Like

For me, no characters will ever equal the hilarity of the claptraps in BL1, especially Taylor Kobb’s Hack-Trap and the claptrap in Lockdown Palace. Remeber when claptraps were perverts and went on stabbing rampages? “When I get outta here, some of you b***hs are gettin STABBED”. Love that one, waited half an hour just to here that line.

It’s a shame I couldn’t push the little girl and her annoying robot down in the ranks even harder ._.

2 Likes

Ohhhh how much I despise deathtrap! That thing is horrid. To me gaige doesn’t have an action skill. Other than that Gaige is pretty awesome.

I’ve played every character through one playthrough except for Brick and Krieg. (do not own the Pre Sequel, I would have an Athena if I did.) I currently have a Mordecai and a Maya. Sirens are really cool but I would have to give my favorite playable character from the series is Mordecai. Him and Bloodwing. His melee is a giant knife, he dresses like a luchadore in the first one plus he’s drunk most of the time. What’s better than that? He also mains two of my favorite weapons in first person shooters, the revolver and the sniper rifle. Gunslinger/Sniper/Drunken Master, Ranger (of sorts.) I mean, c’mon.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback – we’re tabulating responses now and hope to have results ready some time this week or early next week!

2 Likes

So one week till we officially find out that Tina is the most awesomest of characters?

After torgue of course.

Results are in!

Top three (in no specific order):

6 Likes

You accidentally put claptrap instead of Mr. Torgue.