Borderlands freezing up, pretty frequently since patch

I have been playing since release on steam and a while back the game stopped responding (freeze mid fire and the firing sound playing on repeat forever very loudly) every now and then until I exit the game through the task manager. I have googled a fair bit on this problem and all I can find is play on DX11 and put your settings to a minimum (both of which I already do). It seemed to go away after I replaced a faulty HDD that had some bad sectors but now with the new patch it’s back.

My CPU is not the best, it’s a Core i5-7400 and my gfx is a Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb, and I have 16gb of ram. I have a friend who plays this game successfully at a slighly worse setup - his load times are terrible but atleast the game doesn’t freeze.

I have tried turning off my shader cache in my nvidia graphics panel and my drivers are entirely up to date, but other than that I have no idea where to start.

Oh, and usually when I have these problems I head to the windows administrative logs but there’s nothing there. There used to be back when it was crashing the first time but somehow all those logs got deleted and I have no idea why.

I don’t know if this is related to the cryo bug but it might be.

2 Likes

Change your mayhem modifiers so you do NOT have mob menality.

elemental explosions, specifically cryo explosions will cause this.

Before, when this happened, I used to play on Mayhem 10 and that was the only time these freezes happened. But the last two times I was playing on Mayhem 1 with only lootsplosion.

1 Like

i had that issue sometimes when i was playing it too

+1 happens every 30 minutes to an hour for me since patch. GTX1060 6gb

I use mob mentality on Mayhem 10. Really like my rolls right now so a bummer to have to change them.

Happens especially with double homing rockets in Iron Bear.