Borderlands GOTY Enhanced - EXCESSIVE LOSSY COMPRESSION FOR AUDIO STREAMS IN BK2 VIDEO

Hope the devs will notice and fix this (and also check Handsome Collection Remasters for such issues).

Audio quality in video was noticeably downgraded comparing to original 2009 Borderlands GOTY.
It’s pretty noticeable by ear (for me at least) and you could notice it if you do the spectral analysis.
Both original game and DLC files was affected, I checked every file.

And also one tiny optimization tip: you could convert to Mono all Stereo vocal tracks from AttractMovie, Prelude video and etc (because it’s not true Stereo at all, just Double Mono), as it was done with tracks for Japanese localization.

Spectrum shots (for comparison, only left channels on the shots):

AttractMovie basic track

AttractMovie vocal track (from English loc for example, but all tracks having the same compression level)

1 Like

I did think it sounded overly compressed, but I hadn’t played the original in years so I was unsure whether or not it was an issue with the original audio. Good ear.

Thanks, and also I actually expected this issue because the developer (Blind Squirrel) made the same thing with BioShock remasters.

I’ve made a temporary solution till the patch will be released, if you (or just anyone) interested.
Link

1 Like

Thanks for the mod, it’s appreciated. Also you need to remove the last slash from the link, it’s making the nexus freak out and not actually send you to the webpage.