Borderlands - Hotfixes [04/29/2021]

Today’s changes to Borderlands 3 buff various pieces of end-game gear and address reported instances of the wrong Class Mod sometimes dropping for the Beastmaster and the Gunner in the Guns, Love, and Tentacles add-on.

As a reminder, Maurice’s Black Market Vending Machine will be moving to a new location on Thursdays at 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET and is activated with a hotfix.

These changes will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PT. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that reads, “Hotfixes Applied!” If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.

• Made a change that makes the Class Mods for the Beastmaster and the Gunner drop for their respective characters more frequently in the Guns, Love, and Tentacles Add-on

WEAPON ADJUSTMENTS

We’re taking a pass on some gear obtained in higher Mayhem levels and the two Takedowns. Our goal is to provide a stairstep experience from Mayhem 4, to Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite, to Mayhem 6, to Takedown at the Guardian Breach. Players should feel a ramp of power through these changes as they tackle each piece of content. The following pieces of gear received a damage buff:

Mayhem 4 Gear

• Crader’s EM-P5
  • Tankman’s Shield

Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite Gear

• S3RV-80S-EXECUTE
  • Moonfire
  • Kyb’s Worth
  • Redistributor

Mayhem 6 Gear

• Reflux
  • DNA
  • Multi-Tap

Takedown at the Guardian Breach Gear

• Web Slinger
  • Globetrottr
  • Smog
  • Lightspeed Grenade Mod
24 Likes

Some of these guns have been needing some love for a while. Nice to see them get some buffs!

No buff for the Kaoson though? Dang it. Personal favorite.

3 Likes

Buff for Reflux seems not needed, but good to see the gear from Maliwan Takedown here.

Kaoson should be buffed by removing the accuracy and critical nerf.

14 Likes

Guess it’s time to run Guardian Takedown then.

1 Like

Oh Dear

4 Likes

I don’t understand why they enhanced Reflux.
If it had been Brainstormer, I’d still understand.

4 Likes

Reflux buff wasn’t needed but eh, I’ll take that.

Looking forward to see takedown gear buffs !

1 Like

Brainstormer is not one of the post release added guns
m4 guns < MTD guns < M6 guns (no monarch) < GTD guns

I’m not talking about that.
Buffing a gun that needs buffing is called an adjustment.

1 Like

Very needed. I’m curious about how much

2 Likes

@Noelle_GBX

SO…Are we still looking into the following reported concerns that you said you were looking into?

I am still aware of your Season Pass 2 and even looking into it, but as for purchasing it, not at this time.

9 Likes

Wait, the D.N.A. got a BUFF??? It’s one of the top 5 (at least top 10) SMGs already with around 32k damage per shot, are you sure about it needing more?

4 Likes

Sorry I don’t understand your point - the hotfix only addresses guns added post release so the Brainstormer was not going to be included was my point

Love that the Redistributor got a buff. Might be time to dust off my Hustler Zane :grinning:

3 Likes

FINALLY! But why did the Reflux need a buff?

1 Like

I’m glad to see this. :+1:
I like the gun but found it underwhelming in many situations. Perhaps I just don’t know how to to properly use its attributes but am looking forward to using it more if it works better for me now.

2 Likes

Lmao, thanks for the buffs but this doesn’t solve the underlying issue of the best gear in the game being located in arms race, dlc6, and with Moxxi. I don’t think any of these buffs are going to even come close to the complete brokenness of the kickcharger, revolter, guardian angel, super soldier, plasma coil, crit, hail, free radical, etc. You guys need to either move all of this gear to takedowns or trials, or just nerf them so that they don’t steamroll every single piece of content.

3 Likes

Dear Gearbox, our Eridian Cartel revenging senses are tingling… The time for proper Mayhem is overdue now!

8 Likes

Nice!! Looking forward to testing out the moon fire. And hoping to be able to bust out the kybs that I’ve been stockpiling hoping that it would get a buff.

2 Likes

Unless you play Moze.

Iron Bear, Skag den, Big Surplus:
Mayhem 4 - +240%
Mayhem 6 - +900%

Mayhem 10/11 - +3000%

2 Likes