Borderlands is a lifestyle

This is a WIP thread of mainly borderlands activities, whether it be game play or watching game play, or watching my son watch game play. LOL I am a new Dad. I love Borderlands(all of them). and now my son, will love Borderlands(hopefully, all of them). I plan on uploading pics/vids of something having to do with Borderlands.

The vid I plan to upload is the opening song and scene for BL2, and observing my son.
(Spoiler: I think he is partial to Sal)

11 Likes

This sounds cool. But I must ask, will he be raised to follow the ways of the holy one?

2 Likes

My son loves EXPLOSIONS! My girl loves Mr. Torgue(No, I am not jealous). LOL so I think it’s inevitable. My son isn’t talking very much yet. But I am hoping to here SWORDSPLOSION! real soon. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Remember the fruit of faith is grown on the foundation of home.

EDIT: googled to see if anyone else said anything similar and nothing came up. Soooooo this is trademarked now. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

True words of wisdom. I expect nothing less from Prophet of the holy SWORDSPLOSION! :acmaffirmative:

Your wisdom is more then welcomed, its appreciated. :innocent:

3 Likes

there needs to be another like button. I need to like this more than once!

3 Likes

I want everything he listed

2 Likes

More Borderlands is a lifestyle…

4 Likes

Don’t forget to get the action figures and pop figures for the young’un…

1 Like

um…he knows Dad’s action figures are hands off. Sorry, been watching a lot of Big Bang Theory.

i am waiting for him to pick a fav. i think its Sal, but I am bias. once thats established I’ll get him going on his first playthrough. we’ll start at the beginning. BL1 and so on…

still have my 360. its for my boy(when he’s ready).

3 Likes

My daughter never got into BL1 - it’s the lack of mini-map that does her head in.

She started on BL2 and loved it. BL2 is hard though - I always power leveled her character a bit so things were easier.

She loves TPS the most (we’re Australian) as it’s easy enough for her to solo without help.

She’s 14 now, but she started years ago, when she was ‘definitely too young you’re a bad parent etc etc’.

She has the moxxi figure - in it’s box - just like dad!

4 Likes

I love this too much. what you described is on par with what I’m going for. i hope to share my love for Borderlands with my son. thats awesome that you coop with your daughter. cheers! :smile:

3 Likes

You’re not too young to enjoy BL. I’m 15 years old and I have beaten almost all of the Borderlands games.
(Except for the Pre-Sequel.)

2 Likes

I probably started playing shooter game at nine or something like that.

2 Likes

Zelda was my first…it holds a special place in my heart. :heart_eyes:

I stopped after Adventures of Link. Which I also loved.

2 Likes

Love this thread! My 10yo step son has been playing borderlands 1, 2, and TPS with me for the last two years on and off.

We have a saying in my house, “Borderlands is pizza”.

My step son asked me one day why I always go back to playing borderlands instead of replaying the witcher (my other all time favourite game series). I explained it to him that the witcher is like going to an expensive fancy restaurant. A very rich experience that should be had sparingly so as not to avoid ruining the experience. Borderlands, on the other hand, is like getting pizza. You can eat pizza for any meal or at any time of the day and it will always be ■■■■■■■ amazing. Even when pizza is bad, it’s still good. So yeah, Borderlands is pizza :sweat_smile:

I don’t think any of my children can’t rattle off the name of most/all of the characters. Isn’t it crazy how a video game becomes such a huge part of your life like that?

Here’s a pic of my 3yo daughter in her butt stallion dressing gown. She loves telling anyone who will listen about her butt stallion dressing gown :joy:

5 Likes

Holy Crap dude! Your daughter is ADORABLE. Just took the fam to see Finding Dory last night. My 3yr old son was jumping around laughing and dancing. I just let him do his thing. We don’t let him get too far from us, it’s within arms distance. But just awesome to see the joy in your little one. :wink:

Awesome story about your fam. I love this kinda stuff. I am a little jealous of your daughters robe. That is so fricken cool. :heart_eyes:

My wife and I would like a daughter. If it happens, I’m getting her that robe. Sick! :smile:

3 Likes

I took mine tonight too! Or last night :open_mouth: it’s after 1am I just realised lol. That movie tugs some real heart strings as a parent! [quote=“Kurtdawg13, post:17, topic:1465109”]
My wife and I would like a daughter. If it happens, I’m getting her that robe. Sick! :smile:
[/quote]

Having a daughter was/is amazing. I already had two boys so I didn’t expect anything new, but there really is something about that father/daughter relationship that is so different to having a son. I’ve also just had another girl about 6 weeks ago! I hope you get that too some day :blush:

I think we got the robe at a Kmart; it just has a generic pony with the same colour scheme as butt stallion so I made the wife buy it. I think it’s supposed to be named Sparkle, but I went all Mr Torgue and was like, THAT’S MOTHER ■■■■■■■ BUTT STALLION MEEDLYMEEDLYMEEDLYMOWWWWWWWWW!

2 Likes

You are a busy man. Cool you went to the same movie around the same time. And yes, it does tug at your heart strings a bit. I need to get more footage of my son running around to some Lootsplosions! He loves the opening song to BL2 as well.

1 Like

School holidays being spent playing BL1 co-op. Brings a tear to my eye :hugging:

3 Likes