Borderlands Japanese PS3 Claptrap DLC

With the patch that came to the ps3 versions of Borderlands 1, the japanese version of the game on the ps3 got the Claptrap DLC trophies added even tho the dlc itself was never released, therefore it is impossible to 100% the game trophy wise.
Many trophy hunters are waiting for a solution to get this franchise back to 100% before BL3 releases.
Please do something about it

9 Likes

This is clearly a mistake by Gearbox. Hopefully, they do the right thing and remove the DLC trophy set from the JP version or actually release the DLC. People take completion ratings very seriously.

4 Likes

I would love for this to get fixed. Please don’t let this go overlooked, Gearbox! As soon as it is corrected in any reasonable manner I will go ahead and purchase the PS4 remaster and can allow myself to get hyped to the max for BL3!!

5 Likes

Exactly the reason why I haven’t bought the PS4 version yet. Why bother if I can’t get every 100% already because of a dlc not being released for a 10 year old game.

1 Like

I concur with the OP, this is a problem that needs looking at ASAP. It would be great if the trophies could be made to auto-pop on loading the game but if that’s not possible, then maybe add the DLC as a free content drop?

5 Likes

Yeah, this is a mistake that needs to be addressed. Glad to see others are speaking up about this! C’mon Gearbox!

3 Likes

Good to see people wanting a fix for this or a patch/release for the DLC on the PS3. This has affected a lot of trophy hunters out there including myself.

Hopefully Gearbox listen and do fix this issue. :slight_smile: Then I will actually purchase this game on PS4.

3 Likes

Is it confirmed whether or not the Japanese version of the BL1 GOTY Remaster includes Claptrap DLC? I’m asking because there are some new things in the US/Canada version of the remaster. The updates to the PS3 and 360 versions just added the save export function, however.

I got the Platinum and 100% for the JP PS3 version of BL1, years ago and can confirm that the Claptrap DLC isn’t present either on the disc or in the JP PS Store. Before the 1.05 patch was released for the JP version of the game, the Claptrap trophies where nowhere to be seen in the trophy list for it. Also, I read on another forum - the JP version of the PS4 BL1 GOTY Edition shares the same list as the western version and also contains all 4 DLCs.

2 Likes

Already saw japanese accounts with the Remaster 100%, but with the ps3 without any trophy for claptrap.
The patch was probably the same for the Japanese version(ps3) as it was for the normal version and it might have added the trophy pack.
The PS4 includes every dlc, this 1 included, but the JP ps3 one never got this dlc for some reason.
So, to 100% this Japanese version of the ps3 game, the DLC has to be sold on the PSN store, be given through a free update or maybe getting the claptrap dlc trophies auto popped.

2 Likes

OK, so the DLC is at least in the remaster, even though it’s still not in the PS3 version. I can ask the community manager if they know of any plans to fully update the PS3 version; I kind of doubt that would happen at this point though.

2 Likes

Thanks!
Maybe the dlc can be transferred from the normal version to the JP one as a free update or something.
Since it is available in the Remaster JP version maybe it’s not hard to patch it into the ps3 one.

2 Likes

I think alot of people would be happy if the dlc just actually just got released. Even if you charged 5 or 10 bucks for it. Gives alot of reason to play again :smile:
Also if the patch added the trophy support for claptrap dlc, it sure probably has functions to start the dlc should it be installed too, so. Maybe just software ID needs a slight change to replicate the japanese one?

Crossing my fingers. Was looking forward to 100% all of them.

4 Likes

I think many people would be happy to just purchase this DLC again on the store. It was strange enough they didn’t put this in the Game of the Year Edition anyway, but with the Japanese remaster having the DLC this time, I can’t see there being a problem getting it on the PS3 with a patch or store release other than the PS3 being old. They just done an update on the PS3 versions for cross saves to go over to PS4 which is only for PS3 to PS4.

We all can only hope! :smile: I had plans to play the remaster with a friend of mine, but been waiting to get a fix on this first. :laughing:

3 Likes

Made the same thread there too. See if you can reply there too.

3 Likes

Please release this DLC we dont even care if we have too pay for it at this point as we just wanna get our 100% back on the trophies. I cannot buy the PS4 remaster or Borderlands 3 untill this is done. We might not be as important too alot of other people but we like getting all trophies in our games and this is horrible the game is 10 years old and this happens so please Gearbox do the right think either release the dlc content or remove the trophy list from the servers thankyou.

2 Likes

Did you ask or get a reply from him? :slight_smile: Thanks for helping out. :+1:

2 Likes

I can confirm that the recent update to the Japanese version of Borderlands GOTY PS3 has only added the trophy list for the fourth DLC Claptrap New Robot Revolution which was not part of the trophy list before, but the DLC is still unavailable.

It would be great if either the DLC trophies could be removed from the list, or if the DLC could be made available for the Japanese version of Borderlands GOTY PS3 by another update. In theory, autopopping the trophies would also be a solution when both other options are ruled out, but I would prefer the first two options.

If nothing is done, a lot of avid Borderlands fans would have incomplete trophy lists for this game forever.

@VaultHunter101 please escalate this issue if possible, there is a lot of interest regarding this on trophy oriented websites like psnprofiles.com and psntl.com, and these players are a group of big fans of the franchise that have gone out of their way to obtain all Borderlands versions, even importing the Japanese version.

2 Likes

I’ll follow up with the Community Manager.

5 Likes

Please alot of completionists are so annoyed at this as we have spent extra money on importing other regions we do not deserve this please get something done.

1 Like