Borderlands Movie Actor/Plot Wishlist

I could definitely see Walton Goggins as Scooter. :+1:

And Ninja from Die Antwoord as a Bandit leader:
![images (13)|225x224](upload://hLc0j404qf649E6WRvWBQQ8j5wC.jpg download (4)

He already has his own crazy Borderlands style gun!

2 Likes

Please find a part for Claudia Black, even if the character doesn’t look like her I love her voice.

1 Like

Damn! I didn’t realise she done so much stuff. I only remember her from stargate.

She’d probably make a good Siren or Steele.

I think this guy also perfectly fits on role of classic soulless version of Marvel’s Ballas-colored piece of sh~

I think it was the most disgusting thing i could ever imagine.

damn, it’s not funny at all.

I don’t want to see anything like this.

Not a problem, tps doesn’t exist.

Okay, I’m a girl and spend a great deal of my time looking at dudes, so most of those I can respond to. Some are obvious, some are little known actors that fit the character. All are SAG and have an IMDB profile.

Brick- Dwayne Johnson, Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (also the Roland list)
Lilith-
Mordecai- Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, Kalani Queypo, Aaron Paul
Roland- Dwayne Johnson, Jason Momoa, Conan Stevens, Andre Tricoteux, Mars Crain, Nonoma, Bob Sapp, Tyler Lepley
Scooter- Dylan Baker, Larry the Cable Guy, Charles Esten
Marcus- Dmitriy-Dyuzhev, Costa Ronin
Zed-
Angel-
Tannis-
Moxxi-
Handsome Jack- Nicolai Costner Waldau, Chris Hemsworth, Matthew McConaughey, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jude Law, Simon Baker, Jack Black, Aaron O’Connell
Axton- Adam Nemet, Rob Archer, Drew Moore, Matthew G. Taylor, Michael Wayne Foster
Maya-
Salvador- John Kap, Scott Kozel, Dave Bautista
Zer0-
Gaige-
Krieg- Raison Varner
Sir Hammerlock- Giancarlo Esposito,
Torgue-
Athena-
Wilhem-
Nisha-

Wow, where to pick up… BIG question. I think Handsome Jack is key, so… maybe the turning point between the time he snagged Moxie away from Mordecai and when he all out started war on Sanctuary. Or… maybe when he was a low level Hyperion chai walla plotting the demise of his boss… yeah I like that better.

I’d love to see a list of ‘hidden gem’ actors that the film could make use of. I feel that if there will be any big names, it’ll occupy a single role. I can’t imagine 10-15 A-B Listers. We’d be speaking about an acting budget that’ll breech 50 million.

And frankly, we don’t need some bizarre makeshift adaptation in the method of the Assassin’s creed film, the Death Note debacle, or worse yet; Ghost in the Shell.

If the concentration is on star power and the “Hollywood” route, it’ll create the classic conflict of a film that does everything possible to appeal to a group different than their base.

We love Borderlands because of the atmosphere, the wild personas, the mood setting music. But most of all; the comedy.

If it should become the first successful video game adaptation ever, it’ll do so by separating itself from the pack.

1 Like

shudders - the horror!

As a big fan of the originals the new one killed me. I got to the point where L was introduced and couldn’t take any more.

What I truly found remarkable was the amount of people who presented it thus;

“Watch it as though you know nothing about the original.”

A fair point! An adaptation can draw from an original and create it’s own derivatives, and still be marvelous.

Think of the Magnificent Seven as compared to Seven Samurai. Seven Samurai practically gave birth to the action genre, but Magnificent Seven is a triumph in it’s own right.

You should take a work for what it is. Fair enough.

Unfortunately, even completely on it’s own, the the American Death Note film is misguided at best, and phoned in at worst.

I think having Roy Lee, some one who was known for adaptations of Japanese horrors, and Adam Wingard, some one who was attempting to make a name for themselves in the horror/suspense/thriller category doomed the film from the get go.

It is remarkable that to this day, there is no successful (or even decent) adaptation of a videogame or anime, and I think the critical mistake made nearly every time is abandoning the core audience in order to appeal to a larger audience, as opposed to generating buzz from the center outwards.

3 Likes

THE MOST DELIGHTFUL SCENE

I want a scene like this one from the Immortal Iron Fist (where Immortal Iron Fist, protector of Kun-Lun and sworn enemy of the Hand, punches annoying drunken scoffer who was auditioned on the role of Iron Fist)

in Borderlands live action motion picture – a scene where True Mordecai the Undying, Protector of Jimenez, punches the shiт out of annoying seiyuu who was hired by desperate @DuvalMagic to set heinous misinformation about Mordecai:

so in this short scene
abusive Jason LIEbrecht

appears as another annoying unpleasant bad guy, for example – Reaver.
He can shout Reaver’s lines (one line actually quite enough) with voice he use to dub little androgynous girls in anime, and not bother trying to parody Mordecai (he couldn’t succeed in this anyway).
(In the original (unused) plot of Borderlands, Reaver is the man Roland swore to kill, a leader in the Brigadiers (the bandits). He initially mistakes Mordecai for him when they meet, since Reaver’s attire and gear are similar. In released BL1 Reaver is just one of Krom’s bandits who cosplays Mordecai’s legendary “Skirt” outfit and should be punished for that (particularly for that) during side mission “Two wrongs make a right”, and afterwards humiliated multiple times at Moxxi’s Underdome arenas.)

And our favorite Julio Cedillo

performs one and only True Mordecai Never Dying
who pounces on Reaver and punches all the shiт out of him.
(i’m not sure if our favorite Mordecai can show any Kung Fu stuff, but he certainly can miss a couple of kicks, and even helplessly fall to the ground, and even spit some blood to be more dramatic, but then pounce and brutally knead wannabe’s face into bloody mash, forcing the viewer to think that this is all filmmaking special effects, but after curtain falls Reaver is actually taken away on stretcher.)

And this would be the most delightful scene.

When can I expect the first trailer to pop-up? 2018? 2019?

1 Like

I seriously doubt this movie will even happen. It’s been over two years already and they haven’t even announced a writer to pen the script yet. Which means they’re still a long way from even putting anything in front of a camera. This thing has “forever stuck in development hell” written all over it, just like it happened with the Bioshock movie. I’ll believe this is actually happening when I see the first in character cast picture. Until then, I’m not getting my hopes up.

Little update about THE MOST DELIGHTFUL SCENE:

Without doubt our favorite Julio Cedillo can make any scene THE MOST DELIGHTFUL because he is The One and Only True Mordecai the Undying, Protector of Jimenez, Sworn Enemy of the Incubus!

SUBJECT: Decoy
POSTMORTEM: Dacaying Decoy can leave an unpleasant aftertaste after any scene for sure.

So LIEbretch doesn’t seem appropriate for any delightful scene.

And True Mordecai shouldn’t even touch it.

Our favorite Julio as Mordecai is meant for interaction with more interesting objects and pleasant talented subjects!

How about “classic Disneyish villain” version of Reaver performed by Greg Eagles? (Voice of Sulik from Fallout2)

With a song “I’m gonna eat you when I’m done!”

6a01348361f24a970c01774367dc44970d-320wi

Roger Cross as Roland. Has a very similar shaped face.

1 Like

Click the picture to see the combined image.

1 Like

I think Dave Bautista would be perfect for Brick; Dr. Disrespect for torgue (he would need to get buff though); Ewen Bremner for Scooter; Gal Gadot for Mad Moxxxi; Alexander Mercury for Shade; Danny Huston for Dr.Zed; Jonny Depp for Mordecai. I just can’t seem to remember anyone for Hammerlock and the other characters on the list

Clara paget as Lilith
She is badass, especially as a redhead <3

Sup

Nicolas cage as handsome jack duh

1 Like

Johnny Depp or Keeanu Reeves as Handsome Jack? The Rock or Bautista as Brick? Djimon Hounsou or Morris Chestnut as Roland? Emma Watson as Lilith? Giovanni Ribisi as Scooter? Has to be Brian Blessed as Marcus, Neha Dhupia or Robin McLeavy as Moxxi? Jason Momoa as Torgue, Emma Stone as Tannis, and that’s all I can think of right now…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Haha!!! Perfect!!! Why the hell didn’t I think of him?:thinking: