Borderlands movie

nah they’re just gonna find a random free radical and beat the villain. or do the heist. or whatever. point is free radical OP

1 Like

Well if the movie has readable subtitles (if there are any) and the screen doesn’t crash it will already be a win for me.

9 Likes

don’t watch the movie until after the hotfix applied sign appears

13 Likes

Baaaaaaah! Thanks for that one, I needed a chuckle LOL

3 Likes

Just came across this interesting little read

"Here is the film’s official synopsis:

‘Two-time Academy Award® winner Cate Blanchett teams up with Kevin Hart in director Eli Roth’s Borderlands. Lilith (Blanchett), an infamous treasure hunter with a mysterious past, reluctantly returns to her home planet of Pandora to find the missing daughter of Atlas (Edgar Ramirez), the universe’s most powerful S.O.B. She forms an unexpected alliance with a ragtag team of misfits – Roland (Hart), once a highly respected soldier, but now desperate for redemption; Tiny Tina (Ariana Greenblatt), a feral pre-teen demolitionist; Krieg (Florian Munteanu), Tina’s musclebound, rhetorically challenged protector; Tannis (Curtis), the scientist who’s seen it all; and Claptrap (Black), a persistently wiseass robot. These unlikely heroes must battle alien monsters and dangerous bandits to find and protect the missing girl, who may hold the key to unimaginable power. The fate of the universe could be in their hands – but they’ll be fighting for something more: each other. Based on one of the best-selling videogame franchises of all time, welcome to Borderlands.’"

4 Likes

not canon %50000

2 Likes

Ugh… I like pre-BL3 Lilith, and I seriously hate that they’re playing her up as THE main character.

Aaand I roped myself into this again…

3 Likes

You know I’m coming around. It really does seem like Kevin Hart was the perfect choice to play a character who eventually leads a rebellion against a corporate dictator.

1 Like

I think bobby lee, the comedian, may play a small part in it as well. Not sure if he was on any lists so far but the most recent bad friends podcast said he’s with jamie lee and cate blanchette.
Not that I’m a huge bobby lee fan or anything, just interesting to note. They’re filming in hungary.

An update via IGN.

I’ve heard Kevin Hart say he’s taking this role very seriously. He’s absolutely shredded after training with Navy SEALs for the movie.

That Claptrap looks pretty authentic.

I dunno. My apprehension is beginning to fade a little and I dare say I’m actually eager to see how this turns out.

3 Likes

Yeah, the image they showed…it just looks like a toy. Like the RC Claptrap toy. I’m still unsure.

Side note apparently little Roland has been training with Navy Seals to get in shape. Sadly, not in height :drum:

Maybe we’ll see a teaser in the next few months

1 Like