Borderlands Series Ideas

I got to thinking of some ideas that I think would make the Borderlands series a much more enjoyable experience. I have put in several days of time into the series and learned that the series has some flaws. Don’t get me wrong though it’s still an enjoyable series and has fun gameplay. It’s just it could be so much better in my opinion.

Game
:: Give higher level players in a low leveled host’s or friends game a damage debuff. It’s extremely unenjoyable when we play with higher leveled characters. I know what you will say then play with low leveled people. Some of us don’t want to start new characters just to play with someone. That still causes the same issue except now it’s reversed. This problem needs to be addressed because it ruins the experience.
:: I can’t be the only one that thinks this. The basic idea is a difficulty slider and keep the loot the same for every difficulty. I can tell you that trying to kill bullet sponges for better loot is not fun at all. I purpose that if people want to farm for good loot on easy difficulties then let them. Difficulty should only be for those who want to face challenging enemies.
:: Let us exchange other currencies for money and vice versa to make money more useful.
:: Generated quests from bounty boards that keep generating similar to The Thieves Guild quests in Skyrim. Give us something to do after we beat the game to keep us going back to the game. These quests should give some incentive to do them.
:: Many times this happened to me and others. The enemies would run away or hide in cover on purpose while in FFYL. This desperately needs to be fixed because whats the point if you can’t fight for your life? I was thinking introduce some object that we can shoot to get up.

Characters
:: For the love of all that is holy let us create vault hunters or at least introduce more customization. One thing I would love is body skins that aren’t just different colors. They would be similar to head skins. One final note on customization is to let us change the individual parts like in Borderlands.
:: Along with custom characters can we have custom skill trees? Instead of picking skills there could be set skill trees that the developers make. The skill trees based on existing vault hunters or even new ones for custom characters.
:: Some of us don’t have internet or do but can’t get XBL gold or whatever service the console has. To kinda fix this I think we should have NPC allies that we can have with us. You could even use characters you made and make them smart. Have with them with options we can turn on or off.

For example looting, protective, supportive, and offensive. Looting is looting almost everything and the player can choose what rarity the NPC should pick up. Protective is protecting you anyway the NPC can. Supportive is constantly healing you if possible and reviving priority. Lastly offensive is attacking enemies and going all out.

Weapons
:: Let us find melee weapons or upgrades for them and make them more integrated into the gameplay. Make them matter because some people don’t even use melee with anyone but melee characters. This could actually make melee useful and change up people’s play styles.
:: Digistructuring/Weapon dex is a little idea I have which goes like this. Anytime you find or obtain a unique gun or part you can digistruct it again and the parts are saved to your weapons dex. This can be used to reconstruct a new weapon or modify a current one. The weapon dex is universal too so any character can create the weapons you found.

1 Like

Making our own characters kinda defeats the purpose. To tell the story, instead of some random guy. Preset vault hunters can develope better back stories . Same with the skill trees.

I like the current difficulty. UVHM wasnt that hard as in TPS, Difficulty slider could cause problems.

We need them bodies.

1 Like

Yeah the custom character could be a problem but there are people who want it. Since you stated that won’t happen I said alternatives like at least different body skins that change their appearance.

I don’t really like the difficulty because it’s just not fun to deal with these ridiculous enemies just to get better loot. If anything they could at least keep TVHM and UVHM but not have them have better loot. Those two should only provide challenge getting loot.

[quote=“KosmikVolfe, post:1, topic:426951”]
:: For the love of all that is holy let us create vault hunters or at least introduce more customization. One thing I would love is body skins that aren’t just different colors. They would be similar to head skins. One final note on customization is to let us change the individual parts like in Borderlands.</font color>[/quote]Or mixing the two customization systems: Desires For Borderlands 3

Destiny does scaling in an interesting way. While you’re underlevel to something you generally can’t do it much damage. When you’re overlevel to an enemy (in gear stats or character) you don’t really do too much more damage to the lower level enemies than if you were at it’s level. And lower level enemies can still pose a threat to you as well.

Then again, in Borderlands 2, I do like being able to farm eridium by taking my level 72 back to normal mode and farming the dragons. So I do think Borderlands could benefit from a host setting options for scaling/difiiculty.