7 Likes

Thanks, you just beaten me to the punch. Here is an embedded version :wink:

Video

Screenshots

Bonus

Alani = Impending Storm = Maya
Caldarius = J-HTX-M1 “Katagawa = Maliwan Branded
El Dragón = Bicicleta de Carne = Bandit
ISIC = I’m Actually Quite Depredded! \o/ = Claptrap (inc. new Voices)
Orendi = PLAY WITH THE ASHES = Tiny Tina
Rath = Art of Deception = Zero (inc. new Voices)

Price of these skins looking to be 1855 platinum
The ISIC & Rath Skins gotten some extra lines and voice processing so they sound like the characters

Fall Update Contains

60 skins
New Multiplayer Map
Character Balance changes for all 30 heroes

15 Likes

giphy (1)

OMFG Zer0-Rath and ClapTrap-ISIC are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badass!!! :scream:
And Maliwan-Caldarius is simply amazing!

I always thought “nah, BL-skins would be…meh…”, but these are all so neat - Awesome job from the Designer-squad! :heart:

15 Likes

Just going to bump this across to news.

I have to admit, having missed the PAX Panel stream, I thought they were actually a photoshop from someone with far too much time on their hands originally.

3 Likes

Yeah, I almost didn’t click on this link (barely got into Battleborn myself), but those are very well done. That Tina-rendi skin makes me want to try it again.

1 Like

Not to be a downer because I’m super excited about the update, especially this:

but if that “new map” is just another gimmick mode map that lasts two days like Tank Yankers and Rocket Brawl I’m going to be really disappointed. Especially if they put time and resources into creating a new map for a gimmick mode rather than fixing/improving current maps (looking at you, Echelon). Would suggest even after all this time, they still haven’t figured out where to place their priorities (as will the massive wholesale balance changes rather than incremental growth, but I guess I’ll take it over the no changes at all we’ve seen lately)

4 Likes

These BL skins make me want to go back to Solus.

1 Like

Are you talking about me :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a lot of Battleborn and Borderlands news during the panel. Other topic like “We Happy Few” and the VR Project got more attention. Sadly Project 1v1 was also brief. 1 Thing i did like was that our own enasni got to be on stage as Moxxi for the Borderlands sketch.

Yeah its a bit weird that its just 1 new map.

1 Like

El Dragon’s “Bicicleta de Carne” makes me smile. It’s “Meat Bicycle” in Spanish. Again, still hoping they drop the prices down to at around 1500 Plat (which is still expensive, but seems fitting at least for Rath’s and ISIC’s). The Caldy and Rath are the only ones that look decent, where Rah is worth the plat and Caldy’s would be overpriced. UNLESS Caldy’s Maliwan Skin causes his Flash Bangs to explode like Maliwan Shock Grenades, then sure.

@HandsomeCam now that I rethought things, a Hyperion brand Toby skin would actually make sense.

3 Likes

I want a Vladof Toby in an ushanka hat…

The skin name could be “Comrade Cutey”, though that admittedly doesn’t fit the theme of Toby’s other skin names… Pinging, @dante_d_silva to come up with a better name!

EDIT:
Hmm… “Aww, you can lead my revolution, comrade!”?

EDIT #2:
Oh, man… I just depressed myself thinking about how this will never happen, despite how bad i want it… Pinging @Jythri and @JoeKGBX, on the off chance that they love this^ skin idea as much as i do!

3 Likes

As I said in the Battleplan, I still don’t like the skins, but I’m looking forward to the new map and interested in the balance changes.

1 Like

Obligatory Dr. Zed Beatrix remark.

Just a thought that the map might also be Pandora themed.

7 Likes

God I hope this is the case. That would be amazing. Which environment? I’d like Caustic Caverns inspired Incursion Map.

I want some Kid Ultra, Kelvin, and Ernest BL-themed skins. They’re my mains.

6 Likes

We already have an Eridium-Kelvin, with the pink-purple skin. Almost my favourite skin ingame.

2 Likes

I’m down for a Dahl-themed Ernest. That would be cool as hell.

3 Likes

Since Dahl is burst fire, it may also be a good corporation to sponsor Whiskey Foxtrot.

An Athena-themed Galilea woukd also be neat, with the shield and sword stuff.

6 Likes

Well sh*t, nobody said you couldn’t get a burst-fire grenade launcher, did they?

3 Likes

Nice try. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t you mean Torgue

Cause y’know
’splosions

4 Likes

I want a Bullymong themed skin for Kelvin.

4 Likes