Borderlands1 on Next Gen

When is it being made. Because everyone who plays borderlands and is on next gen wants it you could even make a poll about it you will see that the results will prove me correct.

2 Likes

I’m all for it and hoping it happens
Put me down for president purchase the second it were to become available

Well if you are on XBox1, Borderlands 1 will be playable soon as X1 has made it available via backwards compatibility.

Apparently it’s not. And, not for nothing, but that thread is just a few below this one. :duketease:

It looks like it is.

1 Like

IIRC, the original Borderlands 1 for PS3 cannot be played online anymore and has not been playable online for awhile. Apparently, it used something other than (or in addition to) PSN for online co-op. Unfortunately, I doubt a remaster of Borderlands 1 will ever be released for PS4.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Not sure what you mean it can’t be played coop on PS3 anymore…I did it yesterday with a friend of mine for about 30 minutes ( just some simple trading and gameplay ).

Just did a Google search. I wasn’t aware that GBX had restored online co-op to Borderlands 1 on PS3 in February, 2015 via an update. I knew that Borderlands 1 online co-op had been taken offline for PS3 (end of May, 2014) with the demise of Gamespy, but not that GBX had patched Borderland 1 to restore that functionality in February, 2015. While I am glad PS3 owners of Borderlands 1 can play online co-op, I still don’t realistically see a remaster being released for PS4. GBX is probably too busy with Battleborn and Borderlands 3 brainstorming.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you on the later point, and yes. Hundreds of games were affected by the shutdown of Gamespy servers. Some transitioned sooner than others to alternative multiplayer servers.

I only corrected you because I didn’t want people getting the impression that it was impossible to play coop in BL1 on PS3, because you absolutely can and have been able to for months.

Good on you for looking it up to verify.

2 Likes

Nevermind.

OT:
BL for next gen isn’t in the works, Xbone gets compatibility for BL1 but it is not a remake. Now Sony just needs to pull their heads out of their ass and do it for the PS4.

2 Likes

Your username is so similar to mine.

MonkeyNuts42
MatrixNeo42

Makes me laugh.

Anyhow, on topic: I’m looking forward to loading up Borderlands 1 on my xbox one. At that point it could easily have a larger playerbase on xbox one than PreSequel or even BL2. I’m pretty sure they said it would support multiplayer between Xbox 360 and the Xbox one. At the very least I’ll be able to play it online with other Xbox one players.

I’m still disappointed about the remaster dream going up in smoke. But all is not lost, I still have the game for my Xbox 360 ready to go. When I replace my PS3 I have it there too.

3 Likes

I would love to see Borderlands 1 put on next gen it would be cool because I have The Handsome Collection and all I need is the first one, idk why they couldn’t just add it to the handsome collection because having all three would be quite the handsome collection :wink:

1 Like