Bot Boldur is Genuinely Dumb

I’ve been playing against bots lately.
Bots Boldur has hands down the absolute dumbest AI in the game.
He never attacks. He never uses his shield. He kind of just runs around gathering shards and getting himself killed.
I stand right next to him, using melee, as Benedict or Reyna or Alani, and he does nothing.
Below is a compilation of final scores I’ve gathered.
He ALWAYS has “0” damage dealt and rarely has kills, more on that below…

(Special attention to the “Damage Dealt” column and “Kills” column under Boldur’s name.)

20180408160126_1
20180408160918_1

20180328091159_120180408173255_120180408173100_120180408161015_1

Now there are instances where Boldur randomly gets kills.
Because just about the only thing he does in a match well is building turrets.
Notice his damage output is still zero.

I mean, DAMN… even Bot Kid Ultra deals damage as he’s rushing the enemy team, much to my amusement.
Bot Boldur is literally too drunk to wield his own weapons…
Once again to my boundless amusement. I like making up dialogue for him as he runs around ineptly…

3 Likes

Counterpoint: Bot Caldarius.

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

Oh, that must have been the day he let Toby do maintenance on his suit. Or the day I hyper-glued all his armor together. Ahahahahahahaha! HE WAS SO PISSED!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

But in all seriousness, Caldarius actually gets kills, shoots his weapons at the enemy, and uses his ultimate. Boldur just runs around and doesn’t do anything.

3 Likes

No, that was the day he exploded… :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Yeah but he glitches a LOT. That hasn’t been the only time I’ve seen him get stuck on something or forget how walls work.

The only bot that’s even half decent is aim-Bot Montana imo.

1 Like

Oh, Bot Montana is just frightening. Especially if you’ve got a Bot Boldur and a Bot Ultra on your team.

I’d still say Boldur is worse. Only because Caldarius does attack when he’s not glitching. Boldur literally doesn’t seem to know how to use its kit.

1 Like

At least bot Bouldur stays in the matches most of the time, when I boot up a match with bot Deande I have a 75% chance that she’ll disappear halfway through the first mid fight.

1 Like

Now why would she…

WHISKEY FOXTROT:
OHHHHHH YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!

Aaaaaand… spinnin’ my ass right back around away from that…

4 Likes

I always found his AI to be hilarious to watch.

2 Likes

Since this thread appeared i’ve kept my eye on him the last week, and most of the time Boldur doesn’t even use a skill, just runs around or stands in a corner. Totally broken BB AI. Great for easy kills though :smile:

2 Likes

the whole bug happened when they nerfed boldur a long time ago…since then for some reaosn boldur is unable to attack and does not recognize enemies based on my observations

1 Like

Interesting observations.

Now let’s see if we can figure out exactly why the Deande bot disappears for no known reason.

1 Like

also observed that …pretty simple…she doesn´t appear invisible after her clone she just dissappears

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to notify support about the Bolder bot since last year but I keep forgetting. The same in Overgrowth where all the bots just go to the 2 mercenary camps and try to retreat from the cliff where the first sentry is at and get killed because of the dead end.

1 Like

I will say this though, Bot Boldur is surprisingly useful on Capture.

1. He caps the points.
  2. If he’s on your team, he draws fire and becomes the single focus of the other bots.
  3. If he’s on the enemy team, XP.
  4. If there’s one on each team, they both kind of awkwardly stand at the same point and it’s hilarious. I call that a win in and of itself.
2 Likes