Bots' skill cast range

I had this platinum farming matches yesterday - that’s the only reason to do Bots Match - and I haven’t been plaing those for a while, so I might have missed some changes. Anyway, one thing cought my eye, and it was this ridiculos range I got “attacked” by some Bots (quote mark cuz, you know “Bots”). Namely it was Ambra’s Sunspot and Ernest’s egg that were thrown at me as it was Oscar Mike’s grenade or something.

Now, I don’t know about Ambra but I play Ernest all the time and can’t remember to be able to throw his egg that far. Are the Bots, you know, cheating?

2 Likes

Yes. ISIC can use his teleport through structures, bots are unable to juggled, they can super jump to levels that characters cannot reach with their natural jump height and much more. Bots need specials rules to operate.

6 Likes

So you didn’t encounter Alani bot yet? Head-shots from across the map are a common thing with her. They all seem to aim-bot with impunity (never seen any of them banned, anyway!)

The only two bots that seem to pose little to no challenge are Kid Ultra (throws healing drones at you to tickle you) and Boldur (likes to wander the map smelling the roses, will occasionally grab shards or build something.).

3 Likes

They are cheating. Another example: Kelvin can stun you with his ult from across the whole map.

(There was a gif here somewhere on the forum showing that, but I can’t find it just now.)

2 Likes

has been a victim of being caldarius and had a ghalt trap get placed insanely far away from him, and around a corner (i watched it set up before my eyes).

5 Likes

Alani bot healing herself while stunned. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Plus, his hooks never miss.

2 Likes

That’s hysterical

1 Like

Every bot can run away faster than we can with Sprint gear, now that’s some range.

Especially Montana.

■■■■ that bot in particular!

5 Likes

And yet, if the bots didn’t cheat, how much of a challenge would it be (given the current state of their AIs)?

4 Likes

Boldur Bot is still passive? How have they not fixed this yet?

Fixing basic bugs in the game was abandoned a long time ago…

I :heart: them rascal robots.

And then there’s Boldur Bot, aimlessly walking around.

3 Likes

… and with a preference for standing still in corners after initially having been attacked, stoically awaiting death.

3 Likes

… atoning for all the sins by his brethren in PvP.

4 Likes

Because it requires a code change, which requires an actual patch, which apparently is still in the works? I’m sure if they could have hotfixed it they would have; you can only change numbers that way, though, not behaviour.