Boy and Djinn - heroes' internal names

I was browsing through game folders and found a bunch of files which, apparently, contain characters data. But these files have curious names, I assume this is how our characters are called in development. Some are obvious, some - not so much, but I linked them to their current names.

AssaultJump - Caldy
Blackguard - Galilea
BoyAndDjinn - S&A
ChaosMage - Orendi
DarkAssassin - Deande
DarkElfRanger - Thorn
DeathBlade - Rath
DwarvenWarrior - Boldur
GentSniper - Marquis
IceGolem - Kelvin
LeapingLuchador - El Dragon
MachineGunner - Montana
MageBlade - Phoebe
ModernSoldier - OM
MutantFist - Mellka
PapaShotgun - Ghalt
PenguinMech - Toby
RocketHawk - Benedict
RogueCommander - Reyna
RogueSoldier - WF
SoulCollector - Attikus
SpiritMech - ISIC
SunPriestess - Ambra
TacticalBuilder - Kleese
TribalHealer - Miko

Unfortunately, there is only original roster of 25 heroes, would be cool to know how new heroes are called internally. @Jythri, please, could you share this info with us? :smiley:

4 Likes

Weird
Shane’s a girl

2 Likes

Probably the result of a design change during development. Which let’s face it, wouldn’t have required much of a change (if any) for the character animation etc.

1 Like

There’s a thread that has the complete list, minus the 5th DLC character.

WaterMonk - Alani
CornerSneaker - Pendles
Bombirdier - Ernest
Sidekick - Kid Ultra

3 Likes

…The devs stated S&A went thru the most changes and almost didn’t make it to the game.

1 Like

Found 'em!

Credit to @lowlines for this post:

+Kid Ultra’s internal name was given during the PAX West panel.

1 Like

That’s why I haven’t found it…

I’d really like to see some concepts of Shayne as a boy, if they exist. Would be pretty interesting!

Kid ultra’s name and listed nickname has robin-like vibe all over it. “side kick” Kid ultra/Boy Wonder

3 Likes

All of the changes in development actually led to Shayne being reffered to by many players as transgender. Not sure if it’s accurate, but it almost makes sense.

1 Like

WaterMonk - Alani
CornerSneaker - Pendles
Bombirdier - Ernest
Sidekick - Kid Ultra
Plahahahahaha…good try!

12 Likes

DAMN. So close…

Some of these names are obtainable titles… “Prickly Princess”, “Papa Shotgun”, “Rocket Hawk” - only 3 i can think off the top of my head…

1 Like

Yep or how the Observer Protocol that was initiated to handle Galilea (in the same way they handle the Varelsi Conservators) was called the “Blackguard” Protocol.

So much better than a codename like “DLC character 1” :smiley:

1 Like

Which ones don’t make sense? They all make sense to me. Also, I’m pretty sure Ernest was “Bombirdier” during development. Dunno about Alani and Pendles though

That would have been a shayme (teehee). She is one of the most unique characters!

1 Like

If they took them two out, I would be sad beyond belief (as for the transgender thing, she is often referred to as a girl, and maybe the cost is different, but I would say shayne (and family) don’t have much money, in fact shayne is either a runaway or orphan

Shayne’s gender is totally irrelevant. She’s clearly inspired by this:

Hence the “boy” in the design name. In the end, Shayne is Shayne, and her super best friend still wants to gouge out her eyes.

2 Likes

@EdenSophia mutant fist? Mutant gun

Been playing Caldy a lot lately.

He says “CAJ back in action” or “CAJ on the move” upon respawn.

Now I know it means “Something Assault Jumper”.

Probably “Combat Assault Jumper”.

Excellent post!

2 Likes