I’ve been playing since launch and have been trying to be vocal when necessary, either defending this game or offering constructive feedback in the hopes that the devs will see a post or two and improve this game for the community. With DLC 6 introducing a lot of new and fun things, I think it’s time to make another thread critiquing the game and brainstorming possible solutions.
Crazy Earl’s Rerolls
The problem: rerolls cost 250 eridium and it takes a lot of it to get the rolls we want.
Solutions: There are a few ways to address this problem, in my opinion.
- Decrease the amount of eridium necessary to reroll gear from 250 to 150-100.
- Have each reroll offer the player 3 possible anointment rolls that they can choose from.
- Increase the amount of eridium that drops from in game content, such as bosses. I’ve been farming GenIVIV for a Reflux after seeing the buff to it and have noticed that this story mode boss only drops about 6 eridium per kill. Graveward–one of the better bosses to farm–drops about ~45-50 eridium per kill. The question I would like to ask is how many boss kills equal one reroll? Perhaps ~5 is the perfect number, but that’s only if you’re farming Graveward or that turtle boi in DLC 3 (forgot his name). Other bosses such as the twins take much longer to kill due to immune phases and other bosses like GenIVIV drop a miniscule amount. Perhaps make bosses without immune phases drop 45-55 eridium and bosses with immune phases (the twins) drop ~125 eridium. I’d also recommend increasing the amount of eridium that can be earned from the vault card by an additional 500, but maybe that’s just me.
- Remove unused/garbage anointments from the pool. Most of the anointments added in last year were garbage and only served the purpose of diluting the loot pool. They could either be consolidated into one anointment per character that stated something like “Amara’s action skill damage is doubled” or removed altogether, I don’t really care either way as long as it’s fixed.
Vault Chests - Diamond Keys
I’m not sure what the drop rates on these diamond keys is meant to be, but whatever it is it’s not high enough. Either increases the odds of pulling the keys or fix it to a certain milestone, like every 5-10 levels you get a diamond key. My vault card is level 29 and I still haven’t got one. I’ve heard of players getting their first one in the 50s and I don’t see this as a strong incentive for keeping them playing the game.
Maurice Vending Machine
I haven’t seen much reason to go to this vending machine and the main reason for that is because it seems that it more often than not contains world drops. I don’t need world drops, I need gear that can only be obtained through specific bosses, like the Redline, Psycho Stabber, Queen’s Call, and Bekah (please, make the Bekah easier to farm, I beg you). A vending machine full of world drops is lackluster and a waste of time. Make it drop more exciting loot.
Anointments - Too Damn Many!
There are too many useless anointments in this game that most players typically groan when they see. Either consolidate them or get rid of many of them. Here’s a quick list of anointments I think are irritating and useless.
- action skills do 100% damage (this first one includes like 15 anoints and is the biggest burden on the anoint system, imo)
-Siren anoint that adds 40% rad damage
-Rakk attack, 50% crit
Consolidate them or remove them, either way something needs to be changed
Anointments - Reworking the Old and Adding the New
Prior to late 2020, there were a few anointments that weren’t ever used that involved different mechanics like jumping or sliding (iirc). What made them bad was that they did not do enough. To fix this, make them reward your damage. Here are some possible examples that could make them more worthwhile as well as some new ideas for anointments.
-While in the air/jumping, weapon damage is increased 150-300%. I know that 300 seems like a lot, but this might make the anointment good and introduce a new way to play the game. This could also be done with crit damage to incentive accurate jump shots with accurate weapons.
-Shield/grenade anointment: after sliding, gain increased reload speed (75%) and fire rate (25%) for a short time (~8 seconds). This could incentivize players to use slower reloading weapons and possibly forego using an ASE 50% anoint, thus increasing variety depending on build and weapon selection.
-While crouching, gain 150% crit damage. Simple, to the point, and can encourage slower, tankier builds. This could also possibly create a new Flak Monarch meta that could be fun.
On to character buffs/reworks (I don’t know everything about the characters so please forgive me).
- Guerillas in the Mist. People want to see this buffed. Maybe 50%? Maybe 75%? No idea, but it doesn’t seem to see much use in its current state.
-Purple Tree. I genuinely don’t think that many people use this tree and so it should be massively reworked.
Amara (My main so I might have a lot to say here)
-her bossing ability needs some help. Yes, she can mob, we all know this. But her bossing isn’t that great and could be improved. She has many lackluster skills that could be improved as well, including her 18% elemental damage cap stone, that could be better with a bit of mayhem scaling perhaps?
-Do people use her purple tree besides a few points?
-It would be greaat if she didn’t die constantly from her own explosions. (Please, I just want to use the Flakker, Gearbox).
-The man, the myth, the legend.
-I have like 30 minutes on this guy and from what I see he’s doing fine as it is. Any suggestions, gang?
There are many weapons in this game that I think deserve more love than they’ve received. I’m going to list some off the top of my head that I would like to see buffed in the future! Note, I don’t think every gun needs to be OP, in fact I’d be fine if Gearbox nerfed a lot of stuff to help with balancing issues, since this game is insane, even compared to BL2.
-Bekah(?) No idea, never used it since it’s so F#$%ing hard to get. DO YOU HEAR ME GEARBOX?!?
-Unkempt Harold (Not gonna lie, would be cool to see it OP again lol)
-One Pump Chump
Okay, I want to get back to playing the game now, but I think I’ve laid out some possible changes that I’m sure players would love to see. If anyone wants to add to this list, I might get around to updating it with your suggestions. Maybe Gearbox will see this and say “wow, this is a really great list of things we could improve upon! We understand that players want these changes, and we are going to work to bring them to everyone so that our game can be the best it can be :)” Wouldn’t that be great! @Noelle_GBX