Brands per character

So i just recently ended all the dlc with zane and i want to try something i did in borderlands 2 and that’s palying the other characters with a specific weapon brand so the. Question Is: wich brands suits each character better Lore and clases wise (2 brands per character if possible)

1 Like

Moze would obviously be Vladof. I’m thinking Amara and Maliwan for the elemental? I feel like FL4K should be CoV for that ‘cobbled together’ feeling, while Inspector Gadget (Zane) should be Atlas. That’s purely from a character perspective though.

I think @Adabiviak is already running some allegiance characters?

1 Like

I have exact 3 suggestions you listed, although I did not have that specific justifications why CoV Fl4k, but it does fit.

I also have the following ones:

Jakobs Fl4k
Dahl Zane
Amara with only bladed (%+ on melee) weapons
Splash Moze - only splash weapons
Alien Moze - only alien barrels
Hyperion Zane (because he already has barrier and Hyperion has shields on guns…)

3 Likes

Dahl Zane also works, with all those crazy reload animations. Flying guns! Guns with legs! Yeah, totally get that.

1 Like

I don’t know about that. Fl4k is also all about “the hunt” and I think Jakobs shotguns and rifles are the closest thing this game has to hunting weapon. That aside, they also lend themselves much better to the character than CoV.

4 Likes

I tinker a bit with allegiance builds in BL3, as well. Here’s what I use:

Fl4k - CoV, Jakobs
Zane - Atlas, Hyperion
Moze - Tediore, Torgue, Vladof
Amara - Dahl, Maliwan

3 Likes

Guns with legs is Tediore specialty, no?

I’m out of coffee here this morning - can you tell?

Tediore would fit gadget wise, Dahl is more combat veteran thinking about it so more Moze?

1 Like

That would make perfect sense. Somehow I ended up with Dahl Zane and Tediore Moze (true story) though - probably should swap them around.

I am, but only for weapons - manufacturer-themed grenades and shields seem to be gone from BL3.

• Jakobs FL4K (with Fade Away and a Spiderant- fantastic for one-hit kills and sneaking into great sniping positions).
  • Maliwan Amara for the elemental enhancements.
  • Hyperion Amara mostly because they make the Face Puncher and this siren is built around melee, but she’ll do “normal” combat with the rest of that arsenal.
  • Dahl Zane: I find that Dahl guns are fantastic at a specific range, but too close or too far, and they get tricky, so the Barrier and Clone help me maintain this sweet spot.
  • Atlas Zane is focused around Violent Momentum. Once an enemy is tagged, I can sort of fire indiscriminately, allowing me to keep shots on target while running at outrageous speeds and focusing on maintaining speed and navigating the terrain. Fun AF.
  • CoV FL4K uses Gamma Burst with the Skag and is largely a pet-based build (where I help where possible with the weapons, though some of the new ones hit pretty hard).
  • Torgue Moze built down the Shield of Retrubution tree: I have a hard time with any kind of range with Torgue gear, so to close those gaps, I need to be tanky. She’s also all up in Demolition Woman because I’m already throwing a bunch of splash.
  • Vladof Moze built down the Bottomless Mags tree can take advantage of her “without reloading” or “while the trigger is held down” COMs with a lot of weapons. It’s otherwise a pretty basic playstyle, but I love high-fire weapons with real sustained fire… have been considering swapping with FL4K for CoV for this reason.
  • Tediore FL4K with Rakk Attack and the Jabber - no real theme here: I needed a ninth character, FL4K had a third, unused pet and Action Skill, so he got the leftovers. Not that it’s not interesting or fun, just sort of random but it works.
1 Like

Would you go strict allegiance though… shield and grenade.