Bring back Incursion

Maybe I missed something but why is the incursion option gone from the versus matchmaking. I get quick match is there now with all modes…but I don’t want to play all modes. I just want to play incursion. That was basically the only mode I played and now that that’s gone I have completely stopped playing.

Not enough people to support that number of queues without dips on weekdays at odd hours

1 Like

Thats a bummer. I really like this game. I definitely have had long wait times for incursion but I’ve learned to deal with it. At least that mode was still an option. I hope they consider bringing it back.

1 Like

I don’t know if you run with a team, but you can end up playing it most of the time through voting. With a team it’s nearly a guarantee. What system are you on? I’m assuming ps4?

Yeah, unfortunately I don’t really have enough people that. I usually just have one other person that I run with. And yeah, PS4.

Oh whats your psn? I can add you to our chat so you can stack votes

I know this is what’s been said, but it’s not my experience nor many other people I’ve spoken to about this, although to be fair I have heard mixed reports. I’ve noticed a large increase in the playerbase over the last month or two, since the release of Kid Ultra and the Toby op there have been a lot of low level players and many of the CR100+ I recognise are still around. In my experience, many of the hardcore teams hang out in the Incursion queue while Quick Match had mixed CRs and a lot of solo players, including myself when I was alone or only had one or two others to play with. Now the same two major problems of the old quick match queue have returned - solos and low CRs being crushed by hardcore teams, and people quitting at character select presumably because they didn’t get the map/mode they wanted. Just when the playerbase was becoming healthy(er), the thing that was attributed to the dip in player numbers a few months ago has happened again…

2 Likes

Hmm, that’s a good point. I have seen more quitters lately, and heard of really good teams and fought them. This makes the usual alarming amount of sense

Now that the queues are one, you’ll likely be unfortunate enough to have to face some of the hardcore Japanese teams you’ve probably heard about, some of the mutual friends we share have already encountered them and they’re scary. Strangely, individually these guys aren’t necessarily that good, some are pretty bad actually, but their teamwork and coordination is almost unthinkably good and they always pick the best composition for the map, hence why (I assume) they always hung out in the Incursion queue, because Incursion is more based around meta composition than individual player skill. I’ve matched with a few who I recognise recently on my team while they were solo queuing, but when their team is on they queue in full premades and they’re relentless lol.

4 Likes

Yeah, I fought my first one. Very start of the match I was sublimated them chain stunned till death. After that I very carefully stayed in the air and once or twice I found one of them getting shards and killed them, but otherwise one enemy actually meant three, and all had stuns (they had kelvin, miko, Galilea, one other person with a stun and Orendi, presumably to take care of minions, on Coldsnap. Brutal)

That’s more or less the comp that most Japanese teams I’ve been running into for months run. Orendi and Gali are almost always present, Alani is often on Meltdown with wildly accurate bubbles which drive me crazy and Rath on Incusrion for choke point CC pairings with Gali. You pretty much have no choice but to lock in a top-tier meta character and if even one of your team doesn’t you’ll be hard pressed to win.

Lately I’ve been playing Whiskey because I want to expand my horizons so to speak and play some characters outside of my usual three or four cycle, oddly I find him best on Incursion and that’s the one mode I avoided for months, and now there’s no Incursion queue! Ah, good times in matchmaking!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’ve imagined before I fought them.
He generally does best on Incursion from what I’ve seen. He definitely can be useful on Meltdown, but he excels in lane pressure and presence which is halved in Meltdown so Incursion seems optimal. Do you take scope or red dot? I usually choose scope but I’ve had success with red dot

I prefer the scope, between being a melee main and Aussie red bars I’m pretty inaccurate with shooter characters, and I refuse to use aim assist so I need all the scope I can get lol. At close range where one might otherwise use the red-dot sight I hipfire, Whiskey’s hip accuracy is incredible. I’ve gotten top minions on Incursion a few times with Whiskey (I can’t help it, ingrained habit) but on Meltdown it takes forever to kill a Shepard lol, and when I’m left alone because my teammates abandon lane to chase kills I usually get pushed out. Maybe it’s just my short experience so far (30 odd matches) but on Meltdown I feel like with Whiskey I actually get punished for trying to play objective, whereas on Incursion you have to because one lane and Whiskey’s down-lane accuracy is pretty good and with scope damage is decent and crits are easyish to land. I got a triple kill and double assist in my 8th match though, and against a full CR105 team, so I can’t be that bad lol but I don’t feel like I’m that good, his ult is just that good.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen 90% of people stack their votes on incursion anyway.

I played Monuments like 5 times in a row yesterday no lie.

@Slif_One

you’ll likely be unfortunate enough to have to face some of the hardcore Japanese teams you’ve probably heard about, some of the mutual friends we share have already encountered them and they’re scary. Strangely, individually these guys aren’t necessarily that good, some are pretty bad actually, but their teamwork and coordination is almost unthinkably good and they always pick the best composition for the map

We ran into JosephStalinDesu’s usual squad yesterday and they strongarmed the vote to echelon. After 5 mins of Kleese/Ernest nest of death and chain stuns if you try to go up the stairs we just surrendered for our sanity. Seen it too many times before. Funnily enough when we actually got them into a face-off (5v5 vote and we won the coin flip against incursion) we won. As you say these guys aren’t necessarily amazing individual players but they sure know how to pick a good comp and run incursion.

I had him on my team a few nights ago, he played as aggressively as he would if he was with his usual crew lol, it was a sight to behold though, even with no communication he led the charge and did everything in unison with us, he’s one example of one who is a good individual player. Was he Ghalt on Incursion? It’s funny, these guys can’t win on any mode other than Incursion, but they’re an unstoppable force when they get their vote.

He was the Kleese.

It’s all I’ve seen him use lately, except on face-off he went Benedict.

I hadn’t seen him since the Ghalt changes bar that game where he was on my team, he was always Ghalt back then and one of the best ones you’d see, guess he’s adapted to the changing meta.

I’ve never seen him not take a top meta pick lol.

I fought JosephS and crew like…a LOT…this weekend.

Never saw him alone, we got very familiar with the names of his team.

Like Slif said, we beat them once or twice on FaceOff but never on Incursion.

Hey epicender my psn is KrackerJap88. Thanks!

1 Like