Bug or GPU Issue?

I have a problem.

Since the dlc and the last update i get an irregular black area on the monitor which moves dynamically while playing. This does not happen immediately, but randomly after some time. This disappears every time after about 10-15 seconds. you can then continue to play normally, it also disappeared immediately when I called up the game menu. I haven’t seen it this way in other games, but I’m currently playing B3 the most. Sometimes you can play for hours and the error does not appear. I am now unsure whether this is a game bug or it is due to my GPU. Incidentally, I don’t play on direct x 12, I use direct x 11. But I use 144 Hz on a freesync monitor.

Does anyone else have this error? And maybe someone has an idea what that can be?

My specifications are
2080ti
Win10

All drivers up to date.
GPU temps 80 C
Playing with WQHD Resolution

2 Likes

It sounds like a missing texture for something. You said it was an irregular shape - any chance you could grab a screen shot? If it turns out to be an identifiable object/effect (shield, status effect, shadow, particle cloud, etc) it might help narrow down a solution.

I will submit a screenshot here, but the error is rare. I have now played 4 hours in a row and he has not performed. Can that still be a hardware failure?

got this a few days ago and posted a video i found of the issue someone else was having will repost the reddit link here in asec

is this the issue you were having, i had it twice sinse the moxi dlc released, and it seems its been happening for some people sinse launch…

seems mroe common on the rtx cards https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/d8ymvn/is_this_a_glitch_or_gpu_artifacts/

1 Like

■■■■ damn! That’s exactly what he is. Now iam happy. Kiss you .

So my RTX is ok.

yeah scared the hell outta me as well. i got a new pc for christmas bc my old one broke down, rtx card ofc… so it had me worried when i saw it as well