(BUG Wtf?) Failed to retrieve match history?

I echo the above post, since Sunday nothing has saved at all. I can only access the first 2 missions and no lore/challenges save.

1 Like

How frequently does the error occur after a match?
Seems to be 50/50, I would say out of 5 games maybe 2 or 3 of the games will have this error.

Does it happen with all Battleborn Heroes or only a few?
It has happened with almost every hero at least once.

Does it happen in the same map and game mode every time or randomly?
It has happened in different Story Missions, Capture matches, Incursion matches and Meltdown missions on mutliple didfferent maps.

Did the error only start appearing recently (like after a Patch) or has it been prevalent throughout the course of their game experience?
It seems like the error started occuring around the end of November. Seems to have gotten worse in December where I had about 6 games in a row have this error.

1 Like

Happened 10 times over 13 games on December 28th & 29th. It usually got 1 match down before any issue, then hard quit and rebooted. 50/50 whether that would help. I opted to stop playing and hope things got on track after the holidays. Plays on XBOX.

I only tried Miko & Oscar Mike (trying to close out their lore challenges). Got Miko to work twice and OM once.

It happened in Capture / Incursion / Meltdown on all maps.

Did the error only start appearing recently (like after a Patch) or has it been prevalent throughout the course of their game experience?
unknown

1 Like

Someone responded to my request and asked me to provide answers here (2K Mondo).

Please understand that this issue has been occurring since the launch of the game.

But to oblige the person asking:

How frequently does the error occur after a match? This occurs daily and will occur after every match.

Does it happen with all Battleborn heroes or only a few? All of them.

Does it happen in the same map and game mode every time or randomly? Randomly.

Did the error only start appearing recently (like after a Patch) or has it been prevalent throughout the course of their game experience? Throughout the course of the game experience.

Hopefully, Godfall will have better luck actually working but I’m not hopeful.

Was directed to post here as well:

How frequently does the error occur after a match? Since late December, at least half the time, recently more like 75 or 80% of matches. Not sure if it’s gotten worse since I haven’t even tried over the past week.

Does it happen with all Battleborn Heroes or only a few? All of them.

Does it happen in the same map and game mode every time or does it occur randomly? Any/all.

Did the error only start appearing recently or has it been prevalent throughout the course of your game experience? I only started recently, so for me it’s always been there. I’ve heard that there were similar issues in that past but that they were resolved for long stretches.

Don’t want to post all my other info publicly, but it shouldn’t be needed. From what I understand this is a pretty widespread issue.

gonna add my info as well:

** How frequently does the error occur after a match?** it‘s pretty random. sometimes 3 games in a row save. sometimes only 1 of 10.

** Does it happen with all Battleborn Heroes or only a few?** all of them.

** Does it happen in the same map and game mode every time or does it occur randomly?** any/all

** Did the error only start appearing recently or has it been prevalent throughout the course of your game experience?** around mid-december 2019. hasn’t changed since then.

This happens around 75% of the time. There’s no way to know until a match has been completed.

It will happen no matter the character

Happens on all maps, story and multiplayer

Based on what I have seen from other people on discord, reddit, gbx forums, it started happening much more the past few weeks. I only got back into the game a few days ago.

I can’t provide any match data for when this occurs, as when it occurs the match id is not saved to this match history data. That’s the entire problem

I was asked to post here as well based on a support ticket.

How Frequently: For me it’s about 50% of the time. My “high” amount of them sticking could due to the fact that if a few in a row fail I stop playing

Does it happen with some or all: Any that I have played with have failed, so all.

Same map/game mode or random: Random. I will do the same map/mode several times in a row, I have had it work 3 times and fail the fourth, or vice versa: fail 3 times and work the fourth. There is no rhyme or reason to it

Recently or throughout the course: I had stopped playing the game for about 2 years. When I first played it worked every time, no problems. Only since I picked it back up playing in mid-December 2019 has it started failing.

I can also say this has happened not only for my account, but my son’s account, multiple times. He plays on a separate xbox one so when we play together it is on two completely different xboxes. It also happens when I play without him, with him logged into my xbox in splitscreen…and on and on.

Approximately 4 in 5 matches fail to retrieve stats.

The choice of Battleborn makes no difference.

Randomly, happens in Story and Versus both Private and Public. Have not tried Operations, was planning to buy them this month before the currency is no longer available but this has really turned me off.

For me, this started occurring approximately after December 22, 2019. Before that I was able to play public, private, split-screen, hour-long matches or 30 second matches and all the stats would save. After that date only about 1 in 5 matches maintain their stats.

*** How frequently does the error occur after a match?**
About 9 out of 10 matches (Sometimes 10/10)

*** Does it happen with all Battleborn Heroes or only a few?**
All heroes are affected

*** Does it happen in the same map and game mode every time or randomly?**
Random modes. Have tried solo, co-op, multiplayer, splitscreen, versus, and every map.

*** Did the error only start appearing recently (like after a Patch) or has it been prevalent throughout the course of their game experience?**
Started noticing it Decemeber 22nd 2019

Support ticket says I should wait for updates on 2Ksupport and Battleborn on Twitter. :roll_eyes::man_shrugging:t2:

I played 1 game last night and it worked. Didn’t want to risk it, so I switched games. YMMV.

Last 4 matches, every single one.

Haven’t paid attention. Happened with Ambra and Toby and pretty sure it happened with Orendi too.

All modes.

Started noticing it every couple matches since around december and it seems to be worse now.

The friend I played with had the same fail rate.

Platform - Xbox One

• How frequently does the error occur after a match? I played five matches tonight and all five failed
• Does it happen with all Battleborn Heroes or only a few? All
• Does it happen in the same map and game mode every time or randomly? Any combination
• Did the error only start appearing recently (like after a Patch) or has it been prevalent throughout the course of their game experience? Mid December

Two failed match ID’s if they are of any help

20200117-MATCH-4be7cd1d-f040-4bdd-9f66-b78eedda322e

20200117-MATCH-fb9011f0-263a-4887-8b26-8f22e505dd83