Bugs toby and rath

have toby unlocked but character select screen states him as unlocked.

rath doesnt seem to receive his shield restore based on crossblade’s damage when that helix mutation is selected and health restore on him feels very low based on damage output to percentage. says 11% but feels like 1.1%

Toby is locked probably because you are on the X1 or PC.
For the beta only, he is PS4 exclusive.

But will be available to play for everyone come full release.

Hey guys, it would be great if you made it clearer Toby was PS4. I just grinded hard for him and found out I couldn’t get him. It felt insanely disappointing. The group I’ve been hanging with on the beta didn’t know he was PS4 only too. It just feels bad you know?

I’m glad he’ll be available for every one eventually.

I’m not sure how much you wanted them to do to let you know. Multiple forum posts, news releases, etc said he was ps4 exclusive. The beta newspost that gave dates, times, etc even said this.

I am sad for all the pc/x1 players (I personally don’t like exclusives, just understanding of why companies do it). Toby is a load of fun once you figure him out, and I want all the world to love and fear him! Like galadriel only smaller and more apologetic.

It could have/should have been mentioned in game somewhere, IMO, along with a warning that beta progress will be wiped. Not everyone reads the forums. This has now come up quite a few times, and I sympathize with those who are frustrated. It’s a communication issue.

Misguided beat me to it. Something in game would be nice. I joined the beta cycle a while ago, saw the email “hey beta weekend” and went “Okay!”

You have to… grind for Toby? I’m pretty sure it takes like 2 hours to do, maximum.

toby is not ps4 only according to their beta info (their info says all characters are playable in the beta assuming you can meet unlock req). toby was instantly available to ps4 without having to unlock or at least thats the way they advertised it.

“PS4 BETA PLAYERS: As a thank you to PS4 players who participate in the Open Beta, you will receive the first Battleborn DLC Pack 1 and instant access to Alani upon release. In addition, PS4 players will have access to the Battleborn hero, Toby (the mech-driving penguin!), during the Open Beta.”

Directly from beta news on their site. Reiterated in forums, twitter, facebook, etc…

Been reading up and the confusion is very much so there. In their post on the main site there are plenty of places where they state that 25 characters will be accessible during the beta in the general information while select PS4 areas mention his exclusivity.

"The Content:

During the Open Beta, you’ll be able to experience the natural progression of Battleborn; including two Story Mode episodes, two Competitive Multiplayer Modes, 25 heroes (some instantly available, some will unlock as you progress), and as you play, you’ll rank up on three different progression systems."

"BATTLEBORN HEROES: Battleborn has a large starting roster of 25 playable heroes, which will continue growing with five additional, free heroes after launch. In the Open Beta, you’ll start with 7 unlocked heroes and the rest will be unlocked as you rank up and complete objectives. In the meantime, here’s a quick rundown of the main character types: Attackers, Defenders, and Support.

Attackers: Charge into the fight with a variety of offensive Battleborn heroes. Throw punches, slice ‘em up, blast ‘em down, or break out the big guns with Rath, Deande, Phoebe, Whiskey Foxtrot, Mellka, Thorn, Marquis, Oscar Mike, Benedict, Caldarius, El Dragón, Orendi, Shayne & Aurox, and Ghalt.
Defenders: Take a hit for the team (or two, or three) with the likes of Attikus, Galilea, Kelvin, Boldur, ISIC, Toby, and Montana.
Support: Shields, heals, and still more firepower – Miko, Reyna, Kleese, and Ambra can help the team in the fight."

But then states under a PS4 section (somewhere most of us that are on another platform would not read).

“PS4 players, remember: you’ll have Open Beta access to the adorable penguin in a mechsuit, Toby! Toby will not be unlockable on PC or Xbox One during the Open Beta but he will be unlockable on all platforms in the retail version.”

Another part of the problem is that some news sites have summarized this information (this is where my problem was started) and mixed some of the confusion stating that there will be 25 characters and PS4 players will have instant access (words “instant access” actually applied to other things and not to Toby) to Toby. While this is all bad enough then there is the in-game confusion where we then unlocked Toby only to have him still locked on the character select screen with no prompt that he was inaccessible in our beta experience and seemed like a bug in the beta. This is mostly a design flaw as I’m certain there is a lot of people who have read none of the above info at all and simply downloaded the open beta thanks to the recent advertising of an open beta. Without an in-game prompt informing them of this it’s just more fuel to the fire.

The information in the quotes provided can be found: