[Build] Anarchy Reigns: Sparks!

But with one stack at 6/5? The max I can invest in it is 1 point for the Legendary Catalyst COM boost, because there is no way I can take points from Electrical Burn, Evil Enchantress or Wires Don’t Talk. In the end, I could only have 6/5 in it and 6/5 in More Pep. If I could slag by a decent chance only with it I could totally sacrifice one point from something or even use the remaining point for it.
Unfortunately, the thread about IO in the old forum is broken :frowning:
But doesnt it need to be at rank 10 to slag properly?

I mean, at no point is it going to be your only slag source, it simply takes too much time to use and dosen’t proc on the first shot, I would argue that it is better than more pep though, because more pep is pretty terrible and simply because it adds damage and can help keep stuff slaged or provide you with a way to slag when you’re feeling lazy

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, Wingsday! Actually, More Pep helps with Electrical Burn procs and this is basically why I favour it over IO.

No worries!
My problem with that is that unless it works differently than every other elemental status effect chance increase, its only increasing the proc chance from 20% to 22% with both More Pep and Electrical Burn at 5/5.

Yeah, the increase is very low. But I usually see it as “a 5% increase in the chance with 10/5 Electrical Burn for 1 point only, why not?”
It sounds better to “gain 1 stack while reloading” in my mind, haha

I don’t know, with the way the math works, I just don’t think More Pep is worth it in most situations. you get much more out of your points elsewhere.

Can’t believe that I didn’t see this thread any earlier.

For More Pep, 2 or 3 points are more than adequate, blame the math behind it.
However, I’m liking it that the Storm gets some love (not a perfect SR by any means but Gaige gets great use out of it).

1 Like

Thanks!
Everytime I see the pearls I think they were made for specifics VHs. The Storm really shines in the hands of Gaige as the Avenger shines with Axton.

At first,I dont intend to deny your build at all.So please pay no attention to my this post.

What I simply want to say is "BigBoomBlaster is very fun and useful!" :smile:
Sometimes I play with the following build that is focused on DoT-Granade and SR a bit.(In other words, a bit more safe,maybe)

build
*You can move some point on Nth degree into LBT tree.
*Under Op level,this can work very well.
*In op level,this can not work enough.But with multi catalyst,this can.

• Gear(type1)

Slagga
Pimpernel(shock) or Storm

StormFront
BigBoomBlaster

• Gear(type2)

Pimpernel(slag) *good combination with quasar and Nth.
Pimpernel(shock) or Storm

Quasar
BigBoomBlaster

Thanks a lot for the input, neff!! Your work with Gaige is amazing.
About the build, I already use some of them. But I have to try the slag Pimpernel with the Quasar, seems nice enough.
About the spec, I wouldnt change to this. I dont think that Sharing is Caring is amazing without the Flame of the Firehawk shield or Roid in general. I also would lose a lot of points in LBT, my main goal with this setup. Playing through UVHM I only struggled against Badass Rex and Saturn due to my lack of good gear (no good corrosive or explosive guns, nor Gaige top gear like Hail, Pimpernel and Fibber). Commom Teslas were enough to kill stuff with an Evil Catalyst COM and MiS gave DT enough power.

Also, what about One-Two Boom? Is it good in UVHM? I find it hard to hit when my Anarchy is stacked up haha

The bit about 1,2, boom, that is the exact reason I usually don’t take it, I’m not really sure wheather if does a lot of damage or not, it’s been too long. Either way, if you don’t proc it, it does no damage at all.

@nfwp, I was wondering about your skill distribution in LBT, first off, why the points in Shock and Ahhh!? in my experience it doesn’t do that great of damage, you are losing the point that could be in EE, EB, or WDT, and if you’re using snipers you generally don’t want to be that close to your enemies anyway.
Just my thoughts.

Also, I was wondering about your distribution of skill points, it’s been a long time, but on the old forums, somebody did a writeup on Nth degree and found that the first point gives you a 12.5% increase to DPS, while the remaining 4 add up to an additional 12.5% all togather, with that in mind, I would move those points to the LBT tree as well, yeilding something like this. I’ll look for that thread later.

Incedentaly, I’d also take the 5th point in UF rather than MoSS in the BFF tree because I think it is more important, espically with <5 points in BSS.

Nth Degree is more than a 25% damage boost. It can work like B0re and Chain Reaction, wrecking bosses like Saturn and OMGWTH. Also, the synergy that 5/5 Nth Degree has with the Pimpernel is amazing.

If I remember correctly, Neff always spec Shock and Ahhh! It helps with survivability while reloading moxxi guns.

Because of the way that Nth works it’s actually a lot weaker than Bore and CR in almost all situations.
I’m not saying it’s bad, it’s just not nearly as good as those two.

Anyway, I’ll have to find that thread.

There is a link in this thread for the link about Nth Degree. Check it!

Also, I think that it works the same way as Chain Reaction. B0re is the best of them, of course.

Ah, I didn’t know anybody had ported that, good stuff.

Anyway, something that is largely ignored in that thread is that, unlike bore and CR (which it does work the same way as, refer to @Derch’s guide), it functions more like a random damage boost rather than a reliable mechanic worth building or playing around. That, in conjunction with the really steep fall-off in boost per rank, is why I generaly recomend only taking one point in it.

Yeah,you don’t need to change your build!

In general,speaking about UVH,FireHawk is better than BigBoomBlaster,I think.
But if gaige and DT generate some granade by BigBoomBlaster,BBB will make you much more useful on Granades.

One-Two Boom is worthless,I think.

[quote=“Wingsday, post:31, topic:437730, full:true”]
@nfwp, I was wondering about your skill distribution in LBT, first off, why the points in Shock and Ahhh!? in my experience it doesn’t do that great of damage, you are losing the point that could be in EE, EB, or WDT, and if you’re using snipers you generally don’t want to be that close to your enemies anyway.
Just my thoughts.[/quote]
As you say, “Shock and Ahhh” cannot be Damage source against enemies.
The drum broken by “Shock and Ahhh” sometimes kill players.
So in general,this skill is not good.

The reason I put point on this skill is helpful for healing.
Shock Nova with “EB” make enemies shocking(2sec) and burning(5sec).(Burning time is much longer than shocking.)
If you have moxxi weapon(especially great with nozzle),shock and burn DoT will help you.

I usually use SniperRifle in close or middle range,but that example build that i posted is focused on Granade.
So,in this case,I use SniperRifle in middle~longr ange.

[quote=“Wingsday, post:31, topic:437730, full:true”]
Also, I was wondering about your distribution of skill points, it’s been a long time, but on the old forums, somebody did a writeup on Nth degree and found that the first point gives you a 12.5% increase to DPS, while the remaining 4 add up to an additional 12.5% all togather, with that in mind, I would move those points to the LBT tree as well, yeilding something like this. I’ll look for that thread later.[/quote]
In general,speaking about DPS,as you say,only 1point on Nth is enough and best.
So I annotated that"You can move some point on Nth degree into LBT tree." in my past post.

The reason I put 5point on Nth in this case is the followings.

• slagging enemies efficiently
  • increasing damage against some Overlapping enemies.

Yeah, UF is very very very great skill.
As you say,putting 5 point on UF is better,i think so.My mistake :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[quote=“nfwp, post:37, topic:437730”]
As you say, “Shock and Ahhh” cannot be Damage source against enemies.
The drum broken by “Shock and Ahhh” sometimes kill players.
So in general,this skill is not good.

The reason I put point on this skill is helpful for healing.
Shock Nova with “EB” make enemies shocking(2sec) and burning(5sec).(Burning time is much longer than shocking.)
If you have moxxi weapon(especially great with nozzle),shock and burn DoT will help you.
I usually use SniperRifle in close or middle range,but that example build that i posted is focused on Granade.
So,in this case,I use SniperRifle in middle~long range.[/quote]

I’ve never really thought about Shock and ahh like that before, that’s interesting.

I get what you’re trying to say, I’m still not a huge fan of Nth but that’s a pretty good reason for using it. I’ll have to mess with it at some point.

Sorry if I came across as rude, I really like discussing skill builds with people, espically people who know charecters better than me.

Updated due to the last patch changes to Gaige skills. Check it!