So, I’ve been doing some stuff with Gaige’s electrical burn recently, and I’ve been wondering if Flame Flare worked similarly; if the damage of the DoTs produced by Flame Flare procs is based on the damage of the DoT that proced it.
If so, I think this could end up being a pretty powerful, and somewhat unique, build, assuming it works.
Anyway, the concept of this build is to use Fire Fiend, BBB, and a very damaging fire DoT source (along with no other sources of fire damage) to kill enemies.
Skill spec is pretty simple, you only really need BBB and Flame Flare, but I think I’m going to go with something like this.
For gear I was thinking of using:
- Fireball/Firestorm: the 2 highest damage Fire DoTs in the game, these would be the cornerstone of the build.
- Legendary Torch: +burn damage and +5 BBB, along with a bunch of other hellborn Buffs, what’s not to love here?
- Bone of Ancients (fire): multiplies fire DoTs, the best choice here by far.
- Rough Rider: the only shields choices for this build were this and the FotF, and I think the FotF might overwrite FF DoTs.
- a good slag weapon, I’m thiking a Pimp or Slagga probably
- regarding other gear, pretty much anything that isn’t fire should work fine, I think some good shock shotties could work really well, particularly the Omen, Twister, or CC.
- mabye a corosive kitten and/or infection/hornet to deal with armored enemies
Also, what are some bosses that are not DoT resistant?
Edit: realised I was an idiot and wrote fire Fiend instead of Flame Flare