Well, I got this idea a week ago, I tested it, and i’ve found out a pretty fun build imo. Krieg has the best mag-size increases in the whole game (thanks Blood Filled Guns), so if you increase Jakobs shotguns’ mag-sizes, what do you get ? AWESOME shotguns. I tested a lot of shotguns for this build, and all of them performed very well (except the Orphan Maker because of the self-damage that end up killing you if you spam too much with Blood Bath active).
The problem was : outside of gear, Pain is Power and Salt the Wound, how do I increase the damage of those guns ? The answer was the almighty Blood Bath skill, I use the Fastball, Raving Retribution or the Chain Lightning to proc it, and then I just spam my shotgun and get outstanding results.
Now, let’s see what kind of gear I use for this build :
#WEAPONS - PRIMARY :
- Orphan Maker : My favourite Shotgun in the game. It is very powerful, accurate and ammo efficient. But since nothing is without its drawbacks, it is a cursed item. This curse will damage you whenever you shoot the gun. So be very careful if you spam the gun, because it can waste you within seconds. Rustler’s prefix is the best since you double the damage.
- Twister : probably the best Jakobs Shotgun in the game. Supporting very high damage, grenade splash damage that can proc Blood Bath and Shock element that can light you on fire more often, and heal you through Elemental Empathy. This thing is lethal. Watch out with your ammo count though, since it consumes 4 ammo per shot.
- Coach Gun : a good alternative to the Orphan Maker. It does less damage, but doesn’t damage you. If you have the Citrine version, you can crit-base the build and do a decent amount of damage. It’s easy to farm, easy to use, and pretty powerful.
- Striker : this Shotgun is very good with Krieg, since it already has a decent magazine, and it consumes 1 ammo per shot. With Elemental Empathy and Blood-filled Guns, you can spam this all day. If you can stay on an enemy’s crit spot with Blood Bath active, you will melt through its health.
- Hydra : This is the highest Damage per shot Shotgun on the card, but its firing pattern is terrible at long range. But at close range, you can waste anything if you can click fast. Watch out since it does consume 3 ammo per shot, only use this for Badass enemies.
#WEAPONS - UTILITY :
- Grog Nozzle : one of the best utility weapons in the game, nothing else to say. It heals you, slags for you and has the “Drunk” effect. The Drunk effect + the Orphan Maker will waste anything in one or two shots.
- Pimpernel : the almighty magic stick of the game, capable of being one of the best weapons for any task in the game. It is imo the best slag tool.
- Slow Hand : a pretty underrated slag tool : 3 pellets + a 70% slag chance + healing makes this an awesome tool for slagging. The only downsides are the fact that it uses your shotgun ammo and it can damage and/or slag you.
- Florentine : a good slag tool, shield disabler and Elemental Elation stacker. Always use it as it is an awesome tool for this build.
- Any decent Rocket Launcher : Norfleet, Badaboom, Creamer, Topneaa … while the Norfleet is better for FFYL only, ammo-efficient Rocket Launchers can be used as reliable ways to proc Blood Bath.
- The Rough Rider : because Krieg, because Jakobs, because Rough Rider. Nothing else to say : USE IT !!!
- Flame of the Firehawk : always a good option, but it can be tricky to use sometimes since if you go in FFYL mode, you are completely screwed. But it’s great for healing, dealing extra damage and the best thing : the Novas can trigger Blood Bath. You can use it if you like it, it is a good option here.
#CLASS MODS :
- Legendary Reaper : 10/5 on Blood Bath and Thrill of the Kill is always nice to have in such a build. The Kill Skill duration is also very nice, I just love it !
- Legendary Psycho : if you want to get a ridiculous mag-size and some extra health, you can use this Class Mod. I tried it and it works well.
- Toast : great COM for some extra mag-size and extra points (depends on the rarity) in Pain is Power, Elemental Elation and Fire Fiend. This COM increases mag-size by a large mile, and it gives you some extra damage thanks to Pain is Power. Thanks @Chuck80 for suggesting it !
- Barbarian : huge mag-size and 11/5 on Salt the Wound, giving Krieg even more Shotgun strength. It’s a very interesting way to use this build, definitely recommended. Different variants can make the build more unique (for example, making a Crit Based build). I would personally recommand the True Neutral Barbarian for the huge mag size boost, but if you want to go for crits, then the Neutral Evil Barbarian is a good option as well.
- Deputy’s Badge : of course, the Deputy’s Badge on the Deputy Build. It’s a nice boost to your main weapons, and it works very well.
- Blood of the Ancients : if you like having a huge ammo pool and some extra health, use this Relic, it’s pretty nice for spamming like crazy.
- Bone of the Ancients : you can use it if you are using the Twister Shotgun and/or the Chain Lightning, otherwise skip it.
- Fastball : it’s the best option for triggering Blood Bath in this build. Just slag a trash mod and kill it with the Fastball, then enjoy your +500% Gun Damage !
- Chain Lightning : it can trigger Blood Bath, strip shields and it’s better for healing with the Grog Nozzle + Elemental Empathy. It works well with the Shock Bone of the Ancients, use it if you like it.
Here is the spec that i’m using for this build (you can change it, depends on how you want to use the build) :
This build is very modular, there are a lot of ways to use it. I’m using is as a spammer build with the Orphan Maker, the Grog Nozzle + Chain Lightning to stack Bloodlust, Elemental Elation, healing and lighting myself on fire. Badaboom in the loadout to proc Blood Bath if needed.
You can make a crit-based build like @DemoniteBL did, using the Coach Gun and the Striker with the Chaotic Evil Barbarian COM. Aiming for crits with Krieg is very fun, and surprisingly powerful. Krieg has Fire Fiend as well, making Shotguns even better at critting, here is his video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDGWj1ziF3s&t
You can make a basic “Reaper” Krieg and rely on Blood Bath like @Derch did, using the Twister and the Flame of the Firehawk and just spam until you run out of ammo. This way to use the build is very powerful and fun. In terms of COMs, you can use the Legendary Reaper or the Power Toast, they both work. Here is his video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW41wUheQLE&t
Well, I hope you’ll have fun using this build, feel free to tell me what you think of it, and if you have ways to improve it, share please !
My gameplay of the build : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6203IQbKo&feature=youtu.be