[Build] Deputy Sal

(Business Casual) #245

Well, yeah, I mean, people have been pairing the Ladyfist/Orphan Maker or Grog/Orpah Maker for literally years now.

I could also get my Duuuurp to 12-mag and just off-hand pimp my way through everything, but that’s not the point.

:grinning:

(Artag) #246

There’s a good reason for that.

Let’s say you had a main hand that did just as much damage as your ROM off-hand. Your main hand gives you 100% more damage. Twice as much, 200%, and so on. Just holding the Lady Fist gives 800% more damage. And that’s before slag. The idea of your loadout is “Huge Jakobs Money Shots from both hands” but the Twister is not 8x better than ROM. Twister main hand has no advantage. It’s pointless.

(Chris Martin) #247

why do you need filled to the brim if your grog nozzle already meets the qualifications for full moneyshot bonus? wouldn’t it be better to have inconceivable for the money shot chain potential for the shotgun?

(Is this thing on?) #248

You don’t want to use Inconceivable for the reason set out in the notes:

Plus the way Money Shot works depends on the main hand gun’s mag size:

(Sheriff) #249

Just like VH101 said: I don’t need Filed to the Brim, but I want to avoid Inconceivable, so FttB is my only option to get down the tree.

I avoid inconceivable for 2 reasons:

• I need my money shots to be predictable, every 2 shots… having inconceivable proc would just delay me and throw off my timing.
  • You can’t get chains with a semi-auto gun (like a Jakobs shotgun) anyway

(Chitsa) #250

Rock o shame. get behind it before he destroys the second rock during the fight. his black hole won’t pull you in. (sorry for necro but i been killing terra with maya and surviving black hole phase is necessary)

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #251

i just avoided that phase altogether. i just had to kill him quicker to avoid that phase. my trick was to use lady’s fist for the extra crit. that was the trick, for me. :innocent:

(Chitsa) #252

no RR?

(Chitsa) #253

yes i use lf and only swap to grog to top off health.

(Sheriff) #254

The RR is not really a top pick for this build. The 2 biggest reasons to use it are reliable Inconceivable proc and Out of Bubblegum… and this build doesn’t benefit from either at all.

The Evo gives you a bit of shield (handy when you get a second wind…among other things) and a very good resistance to DoTs

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #255

Chuck provided the answer. Much better than I ever could.

I posted a vid of me killing OP8 Terra. its a while back in this thread. Shows the build and gear used. :wink:

(Chitsa) #256

Killing him just takes time. I got knocked off after a while but surviving black hole isn’t much trouble. Killed enough before so don’t feel a need. Sal is immortal esp with a storm front chucked out while terra spams slams.

Can’t be bothered with another shield. : )

(Wh-?! A mask?! This is tooootally my face! I... uh... ) #257

I just set out to farm up my ROM, and got Rustler’s with Jakobs grip and sight and Hyperion stock on the second go! While moving it over, I had the notion to use a Big Boom Blaster for extra Storm Front or Quasar madness, so I’m going to give that a shot.

(Sheriff) #258

Couldn’t hurt :slight_smile:

I’m really partial to shields that boost my health with Sal since the damage is really high…but sporadic, so I can get the most out of my Grog and have enough health to survive between shots.

If you don’t have a problem with that, a BBB is a great solution, especially since stormfronts are a good way to stay alive when you are holding a Grog… another approach but just as valid, I’m gonna have to try it for myself :slight_smile:

…also:

Lucky Bast***!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Carlton Slayer) #259

I’ve no doubt have the pages bookmarked on parts and such but as a quick reminder, would anyone happen to have a pic of a ROM with the above described parts for a quick reference? Thanks…

(Sheriff) #260

Not the right sight, but this one is better

(Wh-?! A mask?! This is tooootally my face! I... uh... ) #261

Agreed. If I had caught a Torgue sight with the rest the same, I’d have made a dozen posts about it! I rarely catch perfect anything.

(Business Casual) #262

Sorry for the late reply, but something seems to have gone right over your head.

My use of a Quad in the right hand and a ROM in the left is not pointless. It’s fun. And it shows how versatile Chuck’s deputy build can be.

Timing the alternating money shots from both hands is cool and stylish to me. Brawnzerking with a Jakobs in each hand and no Moxxi slotted makes me take a new approach to the battles.

It’s fun, artag, it’s fun for the whole family! :relaxed:

(Where's lucky?) #263

This is often missed, Bl2 is a game and a game should be fun. So do what you think is fun.

(Wh-?! A mask?! This is tooootally my face! I... uh... ) #264

After a bit of experimenting with this, I’ve mostly gone back to a Grog Harold build. Fairly cookie cutter:
http://bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#155050511515055510315115100000000

I’m posting in here about this because borrowing the off hand ROM component, with a main hand Lady Fist as my set 2, has been absurdly fun and powerful. I use the Grog Harold set when I’m eating hits to the face or to quickly blow up fodder enemies, then swap to set 2 and use the Lady Fist crosshairs to quickly line up ROM crits. It also works great for blowing up flying enemies.

This has made fights like the Handsome Sorcerer even faster. I use a Chaoric Evil Monk and end the fight before I run out of Gunzerk.