[Build] Deputy Sal

(A golden mallet for the meat pounding...) #325

I finally got a ROM. First one I got had only 2 in the mag but I got one with 3 and no scope

after about 70 runs. Having tons of fun with this build. I discovered its power on my own back when I rocked a raider COM with a Doc’s Quad and a Lady Fist at Level 50 before I got DLC. Never truely maximized its potential and still haven’t. I’ve still never beat Hyperius but it may be in the cards now. I’ve beat Vora solo and legit while GrogHarolding so I’m not sure why he is giving me so much trouble. I enjoy my Explosive Fastball with this build in case I miss a MoneyShot. I love the “In Your Face” Interface of this build so much. What shield would you guys recommend for level 61? Does anyone know the max stats on a Deputy’s Badge at 61? Thanks for the help folks I’m really glad this forum, and this game, are alive and well.

(Santa Söze) #326

Your ROM has a Bandit grip ( and Tediore stock I think ) which is what gives you the extra shot.

Regarding shields, Chuck and I differ - I swear by the Rough Rider over the Neo/Evo ; Chuck’s the opposite. The Blockade works very well judging by @Kurtdawg13’s recent foray.

(Jeffery Wayne Thacker Shaw) #327

really loved the little guide :grinning:

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #328

I couldn’t deal with that reload speed. When it comes to dboarding for a good ROM, I don’t stop until I get Rustler’s prefix with Jakobs grip. Stock isn’t that important unless you have time to spare. But the 1.8 reload for matching grip is a must when rocking the dep build, imo. With the Dep Badge and that nice reload speed, your golden. :acmaffirmative:

Shields, RR is an excellent choice when using Moxxi weapons. Blockade was pretty solid as well. I’m map dependent when using Dep Sal and choosing a shield. Hammerlock DLC I would use either a Evo with the high elemental resistance and health regen. When i compared my Evo to my RR I noticed the health buff was on par with one another. RR only has the straight 20% damage reduction giving it a slight edge in most maps. But straight elemental damage to deal with I use the Evo.

But in all honesty, you really don’t need to swap your shield when playing Dep. Sal due to the moxxi healing and shear power the ROM yields. I would go with a RR shield most often. I only switch to the others because I have so much gear and it’s not being used. lol :blush:

(Sheriff) #329

The level isn’t that important, you can get 99% of max stats at level 50

I think max stats are 12.5 damage and 48% reload.
But really, anything above 11% and 44% is good enough.

(A golden mallet for the meat pounding...) #330

Thanks Chuck. I appreciate your work sir. I was getting tired of the old setup.

That reload speed is as good as it gets for non-ROMs (Strikers, Coach Guns, Triquetras). I’ve been fine with my Bandit-grip ROM. It could definitely be better, but it’s good enough and I got sick of farming long ago… :slight_smile:

Regarding shields, I’ve just been using whatever blue or purple Adaptive I have, and that works fine. Again with the “good enough, sick of farming” approach.

(Agus) #332

Awesome guide men.

Just out of curiosity, do you think this build can take every single raidboss solo at OP8?
I’ve seen it defeat:

• Dragons
  • Pete
  • Voracidous

But I haven’t seen it take down

• Terramorphous
  • Hyperius
  • Master Gee
  • Dexiduous
  • The Invincible Son of Crawmerax the Invincible

What do you think?

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #333

I killed hyperius with this build, with the help of antagonist shield.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #334

I have taken the Dep Sal to all RAIDs at OP8 except Master Gee. All others I have concurred.

(Is this thing on?) #335

Conquered?

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #336

Wow. What a brain fart. lol

Thank you for the correction. :blush:

(Agus) #337

So, you have taken down all the solo-raids at OP8 with Deputy sal except Gee.
I thought he would be one of the easiest with this build.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #338

Hi might be, but it’s so time consuming to legitimately kill Master Gee. I just use the gate method. I’m sure it’s doable. The hardest RAIDS with the Dep Sal Build for me were Vora and Terra.

(Agus) #340

Ohh, I thought dex would also be a pain in the ass (for the distance and lack of accuracy sal has).

Also, which shotgun did you use for them? An Orphan Maker?

(Sheriff) #341

I’ve taken down most raid bosses with it. Those I have not are mostly because I don’t enjoy fighting them to begin with, not because the boss can’t be taken down with this build. Master clarified butter is a good example of a boss that’s tedious no matter the build.

As for Dexi, swap the ROM for a Striker with a Tediore grip and you should be good :slight_smile:

(Sheriff) #342

Can’t seem to find one for Terra but I have seen it done more than once on video (and I have done so myself)

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #343

My version of speed killing Hyperius at level 72 (I feel Badass raiding in Level 72).

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #344

Yes, Rustlers Orphan Maker is what i used. Striker might have worked better. I just stayed close. Almost right beneath Dex. Strafing the acid spit when needed.

(A golden mallet for the meat pounding...) #345

Vermi?