[Build] Deputy Sal

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #386

Ignore the stock and sight… I got one!

(Sheriff) #387

The stock is almost completely irrelevant on a ROM anyway :slight_smile: great find !

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #388

I would tend to agree with this. However, after testing the Jakobs stock vs. the Hyperion stock ROM’s I have, the recoil recovery is a bit quicker on the Hyperion, making it easier to keep on target while firing quickly. We’re talking a fraction of a second, but it’s noticeable none-the-less. This is why I am currently still dboard farming a new OP8 ROM with no sight and Hyperion stock to replace my current OP8 ROM which is sightless but has a Jakobs stock. I need to fix that. :sweat_smile:

(Santa Söze) #389

I actually agree. With a 2-shot, it’s less of an issue than with multi-shot spamming ; but you still have to manage that second shot a bit more than with, well , any other stock. Typical use is to pop-pop to get that M$ , and that second shot will want to go wild a bit more.

I’d definitely take that ROM in a heartbeat but not as my “forever” ROM.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #390

This is basically why I took it. I farmed on and off all day and had only previously seen one Rustler’s version, so this was an instant take. Obviously it’s only to work through the peak with, once i’m OP8 i’ll farm a better version for him.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #391

I’m a little surprised on how well the level 72 ROM is performing in the Peak at OP8. I have just passed the Dukino’s Mom section only using the ROM. Yes, i just killed OP8 Dukino’s Mom with a level 72 ROM. I’m impressed with this beast of a weapon. :grinning:

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #392

I hope you recorded it

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #393

Of course i am. I am doing a vid per section. I had a rough start but I’m getting back into the groove the further i go. I am at the section just before the assassins area.

Dual Doc Mercy’s almost did me in. :sweat_smile:

(Sheriff) #395

To this day, i’m still using a level 48 Dep Badge at OP8
The stats on it don’t really change that much :slight_smile:

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #396

Yes, I saw that, 1% doesn’t make farming worth it for me :slight_smile: OP1 is done and uploading. Also just noticed my typo on the first video. Fixed on Youtube but the link here will probably not change :confused:

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #398

I was just going to say something to this affect. I used a level 50 Dep Badge in my OP8 playthrough with 72 gear or lower. :wink:

Nice dude! you’re doing well. :blush: I ran the Peak at OP8 last night with my 72 ROM. it did the job. no need to upgrade the peice of equipment unless you want to. Dual Saturns I had to pimp/RL them. Same with OMGWT-somethig or other. lol I’ll link the thread I’m going to create for the peak run in here. I don’t want
to clutter @DeputyChuck thread. :innocent:

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #399

He’s glad of the popularity boost, nobody was posting here until yesterday :slight_smile: I just felt a bit more shield capacity allowed me an extra hit or two before it was gone. More a psychological improvement really, I feel better knowing my shield is higher level! This ROM shouldn’t be allowed. In the clip i’m uploading now, I one hit a UBA Loader with it, which was a lot of fun. Ok, two hit, but you know what I mean.

With level 72 RL and Pimp? Just handy to know if i’ll need to farm or if they’ll do the job.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #400

yes, that will do just fine. But I ran the Peak at OP8 so I was using an OP8 Derp Duurp and the rest was level 72 for the weapons. :wink:

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #401

I just wanted to say, now i’ve done a full playthrough (well, apart from Talon of God) with this build, I can’t honestly imagine playing Sal any other way again. :slight_smile: I have used this before at OP8 on Xbox, but I got to OP8 just using his standard builds, because I was lazy. So this is the longest i’ve used this build. Now OP7, will do the OP7 run tomorrow now.

(Mordekain) #402

If anyone still reads this thread:

I’ve played this build a long time ago, but have since lost all my old characters/data. Wanting to pick up BL2 again with a deputy build, but I’m pretty much only playing with UCP (the community patch) now. Does the UCP impact this build in any way? It says some stuff about fixing some of Sal’s skills in regard to offhand bonuses, so I was wondering if that impacted the money shot offhand mechanics that is the core of this build. Not sure what it changes exactly, so I’d rather make sure it’s compatible.

In any case, great build that makes Sal a ton of fun to play. :grinning:

(Sheriff) #403

I have not kept up with the modifications the UCP have made to Sal’s skills (or gear for that matter)
I only remember the first version’s changes.
I’m pretty sure Graig didn’t mess up Deputy Sal, as I recall he likes that build :slight_smile:

As far as I know, it is still perfectly serviceable, but the skill point distribution might change a lot around the staples. (Brawn is more than viable in the UCP, so different choices can be made there)

(Mordekain) #404

Cool, thanks for the answer Chuck.

I’ll eventually get around to confirming it for myself, but right now I’ve become addicted to Athena (my favorite Vault Hunter in the entire series now) so BL2 will have to wait until I’m bored of destroying things with fire and lightning. :grin:

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #405

I’m not convinced it’s possible to get bored of that :stuck_out_tongue:

(Rumplebunny) #406

Okay. So I’ve finally… FINALLY… tried this build. (I had a dedicated Sal I was leveling up for this build but I kept putting off the leveling bit. I just regeared/respecced my primary Sal (level 72) instead, who was a cookie-cutter Grog/DPUH type.)

Yup. Not going back. This is the One True Build. I’m a convert. :smiley:

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #407

I’ve started work fixing the broken formatting on this for you Chuck. Is there any way i can reach you, like a YouTube pm or something, so i can copy and paste the formatting without the forums converting it to the formatted version?