[Build] Deputy Sal

(Santa Söze) #470

Just to confirm :

• Mag size 2 does not round up. Deputy players are painfully aware that only a Jakobs or Bandit grip will give two shots to an Orphan Maker. All other grips require a relic with mag size boost or a Leg Berseker to get F2tB to 10/5 (+50%)
  • Mag size 3 also does not round up - it remains 3 ( 3.75 with 5/5 or +25% ).
  • Mag size 4 becomes 5 of course
  • Mag size 5 becomes 6 (6.25)
  • Mag size 6 becomes 7 (7.5 does not round up)
  • etc

Also I just tested the few remaining skills that seemed to be missing from the Things That Don’t Work on Offhand Guns thread and will add them to the OP as an editor’s note.

(Sheriff) #471

I can confirm that 5/5 Fttb will push 4 to 5 mag size.

That’s why I recommend a BLUE coach gun instead of a purple one. (Blue has a mag size of 3)

Only 1 point in Inconceivable is enough to mitigate that (so 4/5 Fttb will leave it at 4) and the odds of getting the free shot are low enough to manage. I would recommend that you don’t use a RR if you go this route to minimize the odds of proc. Go with a Neo or Evo instead.

Yes, the Kitten is a great choice, no the grip doesn’t matter that much. But I favor the Vladof grip not because of the fire rate, but because of the matching grip bonus. (If the grip matches the gun manufacturer, you get extra mag size and better reload speed. That’s true of all guns in the game BTW)

And finally your COM: as long as it boosts money shot, it’s a good one :slight_smile:
Some people use the Beast Com and it doesn’t even boost money shot at all and they’re doing great.

(Sheriff) #472

I completely agree.

If you’re using a Brawn version, a purple com is a better choice than a blue one.

I should probably edit the OP

(Sheriff) #473

It doesn’t round up.

At 25%, 3 will stay 3, 4 will become 5

4/5 Fttb and 1/5 Inconceivable will fix that.

Didn’t even occur to me to use purple Evil Monk COM. Methinks I’ll be farming for one.

(Really, really, ridiculously good-looking) #475

It’s intended as a list of things that DON’T work, with a smattering of exceptions where there are inconsistencies.

If it isn’t listed, it probably works.

(Sheriff) #476

Yup!

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #477

@Sljm @DeputyChuck

I realized that when the pseudoephedrine haze lifted and decided to leave my foot in my mouth rather than attempt to erase my shame. But seriously, thank you both for all of the work that you guys have done. Truly, you are the giants upon who’s shoulders my vault hunting successes stand.

Finally got myself a purple Evil Monk COM after opening chests in the Unassuming Dock for several hours (+5 M$, +4 Asbestos, +4 Sexy T). Any suggestion on which skill I should shave 1 point off so I can put one in Asbestos?

(Santa Söze) #479

That’s the COM I use and this is the build that goes with it.

(Sheriff) #480

What @Jefe just linked is perfect.

Personally I think 5/5 incite and Bus is a bit too fast, but if you have no problem handling it, that’s good. I would move a point of each to fill out T-rex, but that’s just me.

When I initially tried Lengendary Berserker COM, I had 5/5 in both Incite and Bus. That was entirely too fast with the COM’s bonuses to Incite and movement speed. Before I could adjust to the speed, I missed a bridge to my demise.

I guess I’ll play around with the point spread to see where my sweet spot is.