[Build] Deputy Sal

Link fixed, sorry :blush: So I grabbed Steady, however the striker is still shooting everywhere except in the crosshair zone :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Drunk Grog effect maybe ?

Usually that thing is super accurate.

5 Likes

Or Jakobs stock?

5 Likes

Hello,

I saw that you’ve updated at 80.

Is it still effective at OP10?

I run OP10 with the kittenserker one but it take soooooooooooooooo time to kill.
Thanks

1 Like

Yeah I’ve got one with Jakobs stock. Time to get a Hyperion stock. I really want a tool to sometime keep some distance and heal with a grog. My setup would be:

1. Redundant slag Lady Fist
  2. ROM
  3. Grog
  4. (Striker with Hyperion stock if accurate enough) I guess a Maggie or Unforgiven would work also ?

Hell yeah is that build effective. The most rewarding of Sal’s builds imho. Kittenzerker never was the most effective hoarder style build, but it should still work for mobbing. Try with interfacers or butchers (if you can find a practicable butcher… good luck) :wink:

3 Likes

I’m pretty confident that this build still absolutely wrecks at OP10 :grin:

3 Likes

If zero kitty (on the other thread) doesn’t work for me, i’ll do the dlc with deputy Sal :wink:

Thanks

3 Likes

Nice! I like this base build. Almost identical to how I start. Recently I took points out of AGTtB and spread them it to Asbestos and maxing out other skills. Like All in the reflexes, taking it to 25% instead of 20% reload. I’ll take all the reload speed i can get. The reason for taking Asbestos is COM points. Using the Chaotic Evil Monk com.

4 Likes

Consider a Core (stability). If you don’t fire the LF like Kurt, prefix (well every part) is irrelevant. But Core helps to negate the reticle bloom that Steady causes.

I’m one of the few who uses it but I find it more useful than the other prefixes.

4 Likes

True that I’ve always found the initial kick of the LF as a very annoying issue (I pre-fire it for a half second to compensate)

I will try

3 Likes

Yes of course, it goes without saying that if you have a COM that boosts a skill, you should definitely put a point in it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

‘keep firing’ can be of use for no moxxy builds (massive loss in capability but for some it brings Sal more in line with the other ‘mortal’ characters, still looking down from above :slight_smile: ). Either use a damaging / slagging main hand auto weapon (droog / lyuda nice Sniper Rifle crit) , slagga etc … And even switch to a 12 mag auto Shotgun in the mainhand (hyperion) after the target is slagged (or immune to slagging) for extra oomph vs hitpoint walls. In this config the main hand can also inflict massive hurt (especially when doped by NKLO )

Sadly the reload bonus from ‘keep firing’ does not apply to off hand when only holding ‘right’ button. (neither does the rof bonus from ‘keep firing’ works for both . Reloading either weapon triggers Locked and loaded which WORKS for both weapons )

1 Like

Yeah, now that we have more skill points, spending one in keep firing is a no-brainer.

Before, it made the difference in being able to reach both CaMB and Down not out.

4 Likes

just realized something that might be BIG (as in jackobs shotguns might not be the best for sal deputy build insanity :slight_smile: )

The max damage NKLO adds is up to+ 4 times CARD Damage * (sum additives + 1) .
For shotguns CArd damage is 1 pellet damage.

So where a SR can do *5 under nklo a 13 pellet shogun ‘only’ gains 5/13 which is Waaaay less …

Weapons with non-listed projectiles (bee shield friends) also friends with NKLO

And why hard UH might really be better on sal than DPUH …

Which kind of turns this…into a completely different build…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

nklo :slight_smile: . Depending on the weapons used, the overkill damage MIGHT not be wasted .

1 Like

I mean it’s called Overkill for a reason

3 Likes

There’s no such thing as overkill: there’s dead and not dead enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The problem with that is finding a sniper rifle that empties its mag in 2 shots and reloads in under 2 seconds… I have found no such gun.

Jakob shotguns fit that bill, and blue tediore shotgun supreme with the right grip as well. Nothing else gets you to money shot as fast as often.

Believe me I searched (the tediore quads bit should be proof of that :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Deputy is more of a Moneyshot build than a NKLOK one- it snacks on raid bosses without any need for it. There’s a reason it’s basically the best Brawn build- it doesn’t need most of the Gunlust tree to kill basically anything.

Besides it wouldn’t be much of a deputy build if it didn’t use shotguns…

2 Likes