Shout out to Derch for putting me onto the Chronicler of Elpis COM. I’m currently running this build and it’s ruining lives, so I wanted to share it with you guys.
So as we know, this class mod boosts freeze chance, cryo damage, shield capacity, Optimism, Lean On Me, Persistence, Winning, and Company Man. With +4 to Company Man, one would think that a Hyperion allegiance build is best, and it certainly won’t hurt you. However, my set up currently looks like this:
- Cryo Rosie (damage) / Lazlo’s Freezeasy (freezing)
- Flying Fridgia
- Hammer Buster II (although any Jakobs weapon is probably fine)
- Casual Ravager (or any other Torgue weapon)
- Bulwark, 3DD1.E, Quasar (or any Hyperion grenade), Chronicler of Elpis COM. 4 stacks of Company Man (54% accuracy and 72% crit damage), laser buffs, free money, and lots of survivability.
From the HotS tree, I only decided to max out BFF, which comes in handy for sure. I went all the way down to the capstone for the GG / FE trees because it’s a large part of my playstyle. Since Digi-Jack respawns count as deaths, I can keep up my kill skills just by moving around, and Potential / Leadership has saved my butt plenty of times. As for Sponsored By, the weapon combos are as follows:
- Cryo Rosie can get either the Torgue bonus to add explosive damage, or the Dahl bonus to keep the beam straight when firing.
- The Fridgia can have extra elemental damage added from the Maliwan buff (even though it operates pretty reliably without it), or gun damage from the Jakobs buff.
- Our Jakobs weapon handles a lot better with a Dahl buff, and although I don’t use this as often, the Torgue bonus is available as well.
- Our Torgue weapon can gain 30% damage from the Jakobs buff (aka one-shotting any frozen enemy besides Ultimate Badasses), or cryo elemental damage from the Maliwan buff.
So basically, no matter which way you swap you’ll have a useful weapon combination for dealing with enemies, especially since every swap will activate Compound Interest. This build works awesomely against mobs. Against bosses, I switch to the Indistinguishable Projection COM since it boosts BFF, Company Man, and Abs. Advantage, which is more than enough to take on enemies that can’t be frozen, especially with 120+ stacks of Money is Power. Plus, you get extra Gun Damage which is always welcome. Also, I tend to rely on other weapons besides lasers against bosses, so I switch 3DD1.E out for a Precision Strike Oz kit. At this point, you can do whatever you want with your weapon setup. For example, I go Hyperion-Hyperion-Vladof-Vladof against 1st form Sentinel, and Hyperion-Hyperion-Hyperion-Jakobs against his final form / Odjurymir.
Thanks again for all the comments on my Dragon Ball Athena build. Feel free to drop any suggestions; looking forward to hearing from you guys!