As my other name “Pandora’s Industrial Engineer” kind of hints at, my specialty is improving upon other people’s ideas. I have a lot of builds, but for the most part they are only existing builds with no real major changes to speak of really.
The other day @Chuck80 commented on my Bangstick showcase video saying I should make a thread on that build. But to me it was just a fine tuned Hybrid Athena build, and if I were to make a build I’d want it to be special. Fast forward to few days ago and me and Chuck where talking about the Excalibastard , and this got the Imaginative juices flowing.
So after some testing and skill tree redesigns something really cool came out of it. And it has quite a bit of synergy with Nisha, more than just “Tombstone makes it crit”. And while some people like @Sljm talked about the core mechanic I focus on, no one has made a build like this to my knowledge (I checked the forums and YouTube).
And while this build isn’t the boss destroyer “Jacobs Nisha” is, I feel this build is one of the most effective and fun mobbing builds she has access to (b/c “Auto Nisha” is a ammo hog). This build is only meant for mobbing, but so long as a mini boss can be frozen the build very much so holds its own. But without further ado…
Who needs aim-bots and magic heat seeking bullets, when you can just never shoot your gun in the first place?
The gun and gear names are screenshots.
This gun has the unique ability to freeze enemies that can be frozen 100% of the time after you score a critical hit while holding the gun. Whether that be by shooting the gun, melee, while in a vehicle, ect… As you can probably tell with the skill “Tombstone”, Nisha can make this effect proc through many different sources. Such as butt slams, body hits, and grenades which is the focus of my build. The other special effect this gun has is melee hits on frozen enemies cause you to emit a cryo singularity nova around you, which synergizes well with her skill “Thunder Crackdown” which is utilized in this build. Its innate 110% crit damage and 50% melee damage plays nice with the points made above as well.
This gun has the most powerful throw reload on all but shielded enemies in the game (taking into account ammo pools, reload speed, and matching element bonuses), with cryo (which we have a lot of) it becomes unmatched. This gun is used to start our kill skill chain. And since we are already boosting grenade damage, freezing everything, and don’t care about laser ammo this is a perfect fit. This is also used to kill all non shielded non cryo-able bosses where our Storm Fronts just aren’t enough.
And by the same extension any Vladof Tesla. As we know all Vladof grenades “hit” enemies many times a second, and with “Tombstone” those hits can crit. But with the Excalibastard those criticals can now freeze enemies rendering them motionless. Mix in the infamous fact that all critical hits will calculate based on the gun(s) in your hand(s) and you now not only have the x2 multiplier from your grenades being able to crit 66% of the time from “Tombstone”, you also have 110% type A crit damage from the Excalibastard, 200% type A from the enemy being frozen, 49% from the Crapshooter COM, and 35% from the skill “Bona Fide Grit”. For a total of 394% crit damage.
Bomber Oz Kit
This Oz kit not only increases your grenade damage, but also gives you a high chance to not consume grenade ammo while mid-air. And really its the main piece of gear that makes this build viable in the long term and not just a cool gimmick that’s only worth a “proof of concept” thread. Its also another source of damage via butt slams used to finish off an enemy or freeze them for easier Laser Disker kills since this build prefers you not shoot the Excalibastard (I’ll explain later on).
High-rollin’ Crapshooter Class Mod
This buffs the main skill this build cares about “Tombstone”. Which makes all of this “magic” happen and gives you a passive critical damage to make all of that “magic” hit even harder. The secondary skill boost I picked was “Trick Shot” because I found it more useful than “Unchained”.
Shield of Ages
Nisha’s favorite “Order” building shield. It builds stacks easy, provides good protection in combination with some skills, and preformed better and is easier to get than its competitor the Kala.
For when the enemy is shielded and non cryo-able this is our choice of weapon. Its good to keep this in our backpack because shields resist explosive damage, which is our main weapon to use in this scenario the Laser Disker’s only element. The preffered parts are in the screenshot.
The Storm Front’s fire brother, this grenade is a good alternative. And is preferred when facing against very healthy flesh enemies like Ultimate Badass Trojans.
This kill skill allows any damage that isn’t critical hit a percent chance to be one. This allows us the ability to crit our butt slams, “Crack shot” nova, ect…, and grenades. Which allows our Storm Front’s to freeze enemies and do even more damage while the Excalibastard is in our hands.
5/5 Crack Shot
This skill causes your first shot to deal more damage, and if an enemy dies from that shot they release an explosive nova. However this skill is glitched similarly to Claptrap’s skill “One Last Thing”, where the game thinks all damage during the shot after the actual “Crack Shot” is the “Crack Shot’s” slash damage causing enemies to release a nova on death no matter how they die. Also if an enemy damaged by a grenade that’s hit procced “Tombstone” (I tested this with a tesla) the skill has a chance to glitch even more and add in my case 50% more base damage to the grenade. So not only is your grenade causing the explosive novas now, it also freezes the enemy buffing that nova with a x3 multiplier, and the nova can crit with “Tombstone” which is rebuffed by the cryo’s 200% type A crit and all of the other critical damage you have stacked up till now. Oh and not to mention the chance at a 50% base damage increase to your grenade.
- 5/5 Bona Fide Grit - More crit damage for everything. And some health regen to survive easier.
- 5/5 Quick Shot - Filler, does’t help the build/play style.
- 1/1 Fistful of Bullets - Stronger Laser Disker throw reloads.
- 1/1 Impatience - Since we don’t really shoot we never need to reload. So this stacks fast and hits hard with its up to 420% reload speed when we need to throw reload our Laser Disker or if we accidentally fire our Excalibastard and need to reload to get back to the second shot in the magazine fast.
- 6/5 Trick Shot - Its buffed by the COM and I found it more useful than Unchained.
- 1/1 The Unforgiven - The nova is buffed by cryo and its good for killing small flying enemies like “swarmers”.
Fan the Hammer
- 5/5 Saddle Up - The movement speed is nice.
- 5/5 Bottled Courage - More survivability and 50% of a Shield of Ages is a lot.
- 1/1 Short Fused - I didn’t want the other skills and this is buffed by cryo.
- 5/5 Faster 'n You - Better reloads and quicker swapping from my kill skill chain starting Laser Disker to my Excalibastard.
Law & Order
- 4/4 Law - More shield is nice and I have to.
- 1/1 Order - Makes Nisha a tank and I have to.
- 5/5 The Third Degree - Increases Thunder Crackdown’s damage for when I need to finish of an enemy. And is basically a 500% melee buff all the time since I don’t mainly melee in this build.
- 1/1 Rough Rider - More Order stacks and better butt slams.
- 5/5 Wanted - Free damage.
- 1/1 Discipline - 100% shield regen upon gaining 10 Order stacks, more Order, better shield recharge delay, and more melee damage.
- 1/1 Blood of the Guilty - More Order stacks, 1 Order stack per kill, and 5% health regened on kill.
- 3/5 Jurisdiction - More movement speed and more health regen.
- 5/5 Rarin’ To Go - Better reloads for the same reasons mentioned above.
- 1/1 Thunder Crackdown - More Order stacks and a good finisher when you don’t have kill skills.
Icebringer vs Regolith Range & Deadlift
Icebringer vs TRPP & Felicity
Icebriger vs Level 9 Mutator Arena
This is my first gimmick based build that is actually very effective. And while this build may not have the same power as “Jacobs Nisha”, it gives it a run for its money. If you ever want to talk about this build you can just call it “The Icebringer” build, King Arthbrrr is funny just not succinct.