A Little Backstory:
During my playtime of BL:TPS , I had started to realize that my builds were really only successful in one category. I could either Mob, or Raid. I never found build that had seemed to fulfill my desire to both aspects of the game. My raiding builds often lacked the survivability of my mobbing builds, and my mobbing builds often lacked the pure DPS that I needed to quickly, and efficiently farm raids and bosses. Now, with that in mind. I tried to make a build. My first attempt had me use The Doppleganger. While that had been succesfull, spamming the quad made for quite a nasty cramp in my finger. So, that had been quickly discarded.
After that, I had went to Athena, and much to my joy: She was everything that I had hoped for. Not only did her shield offer the sustainability that I wanted, Ceraunic Storm offered amazing DPS potentially, and naturally. I was in love. Now, onto the build!
A noteworthy skill is Flash freeze, as it does help with maintaining stacks of Maelstrom over long periods of time. But since I tend to skip over Cryo weapons in my build, it’s not something that I use.
- The reason I go down into the Xiphos tree is purely out of personal preference, it doesn’t impact the build in any way. So feel free to relocate those skill points to elsewhere.
- The second build can give an added boost to the Aspis’ damage, since a lot of of the skills I pick do boost the Aspis in one way or another. The Aspis can certainly not only be used as a defensive tool, but as an offensive one, I’ve lost count of the times I’ve went into FFYL only for the Aspis’ canceling throw to get me back up again.
- Miss Moxxi’s Heartbreaker [Fire]: It’s been around long enough for the weapon to speak for itself. Personally, when it comes to raiding, I use this weapon as a Maelstrom stacking tool. With it’s high fire-rate, and health steal capabilities, its the optimal weapon for stacking against something like EOS. Not only is it excellent as stacking, it’s frighteningly adept at murdering regular mobs, and badasses alike. However, due to the gun never actually being released in the TPS, the Practicable Thinking can be used as a more than adequate replacement.
- Practicable Development [Shock]: The Hyperion Quad might seem like an odd choice at first, as it’s ammo efficiency certainly isn’t the best. But, with a little a bit of stacking beforehand, and the combination of Storm Weaving, Unrelenting, and Elemental Barrage, it makes the weapon a frightening bullet hose.
- Thunderfire [Shock/Fire?]: This weapon is effectively a Laser blaster on crack.The initial beam/bullet is Shock, but once it hits an enemy, or surface, it creates a small AOE “Explosion” Which deals Fire damage. And yes, it’s as amazing as it sounds.
- Badaboom [Corrosive]: To be honest, there’s really only one reason that I use this weapon. Raiding. Much like the Practicable Development. This weapon turns into an absolute bullet hose with enough stacks, and with a weapon swap to proc skills right before. This weapon is used on EOS’s first form. (After taking down the shields, of course)
- The Mongol [Shock]: Much like the Badaboom, this weapon is a raid killer. But unlike it. It’s mainly used for EOS’s second form.
- Practicable Thinking
- Practicable Bullpup
- Maliwan Laser Blasters
Naught: The shield with 0.00 Recharge Delay (Yes, Really.). An undervalued shield. This thing is excellent for survivability!
Prismatic Bulwark: For when you feel like going crazy with lasers.
Storm Front: An excellent grenade for both damage, and stacking. One can never go wrong with a storm front!
Data Scrubber: Good damage, and shield regen. What’s not to love?
Tranquility Oz Kit: Certainly more Raid oriented (With the increased damage and all). But can definitely work for mobbing.
3DD1.E: Best used with the Prismatic Bulwark. Offers both survivability, and the added damage to lasers!
- Surging Storm (+6 Unrelenting, +5 Storm Weaving): This mod is the build’s bread and better, and what makes it be able to work so efficiently in both boss killing and mobbing. While the Celestial Gladiator COM is certainly effective. This one’s skill boosts are much more useful for damage.
And Finally, an EOS Demo Video:
A not-so-recent video, but one that shows off the build quite well.