I originally started this as a reply to @Chuck80’s excellent Deputy Nisha thread but then realized that this build had diverged enough for its own thread. This build doesn’t quite have the same level of Jakobs shotgun love–think of this one as more of Jakobs + Chronicler of Elpis + Tombstone/Trick Shot shenangians. This has become my go-to Nisha build. It’s main weakness is a lack of survivability compared to some other builds–well, that and the fact that all the clicking makes my hand hurt.
Overview: The basic idea here is to use Jakobs guns’ inherent multiplicative crit modifier with freeze (which further benefits crits) and Tombstone. Most encounters follow a similar formula: Fridgia > Dual Maggies for first kill > Showdown > Fridgia > Striker. Once you’ve got your first kill, you can clear a room or Holodome wave pretty quickly afterwards.
Explanation of select choices:
- Law & Order tree: Standard 12 points for Order stacks.
- Bottled Courage: 4/5 for survivability, which I found I wanted more of in Holodome. That said, I think these are the four points most up for debate and can see them in Saddle Up instead.
- Faster N’ You and High Noon: 1-pt wonders because of the COM. The effects aren’t significant enough to warrant more points.
- One for Each of Ya: Makes Maggie beastly. I think Maggie gets a 25% multiplicative crit bonus, too–more to love about her.
- Crack Shot: 1/5, which came from a lot of Holodome runs with it at 4/5. While the explosive effect can be quite helpful (and justifies 1 point), I was struggling sometimes with Coach Gun and Striker, particularly for the first kill. See next.
- Hot Lead: 3/5, mostly because points are tight in Riflewoman. This one surprised me. After switching from Crack Shot, though, I noticed that my ammo efficiency and kill speed against Iwajira were about 20% better, and I wasn’t scrounging as much in Holodome. (i.e. Both indicating that I was doing noticeably more damage.) I’m unsure if this is correct math-wise, but empirically, I’m definitely noticing a big difference.
- Trick Shot and Tombstone: 2/5 and 4/5. Tombstone gets my vote for most insane skill in any Borderlands game. Tombstone gets 4/5 because it’s critical to the build’s DPS.
Fridgia: As discussed in @Sljm’s Coldsplosion build, Fridgia is the best Cryo gun in the game. My preference is Flying (bullet speed) with a Dahl grip, as Fridgia’s main job is freezing, so DPS isn’t as critical. (Props to @Ha_Na for setting me up with the Flying one.)
Maggie: Dual-wielded Maggies put out a huge amount of DPS, and have a 25% multiplicative Crit bonus…which gets doubled when you have two of them. (Critical hit bonus types and explanations here.) They get insane fast, and are great for your first kill to set off all your kill skills. I’d recommend Dastardly with a Jakobs grip. (Although, I’m using a Loaded Maggie with a Jakobs grip.)
Striker: Striker is beastly. With a critical hit accessory (Doc’s) and it’s inherent crit bonuses (including 15% multiplicative bonus), Striker’s will tear stuff up with Cryo + Tombstone. As an example, last night, I cleared Badass Holodome Wave 6/7 (Gargants and Ophas and flying dudes) in one long, uninterrupted kill skill streak by swapping between Fridgia and Striker.
Rocket Launcher. I use a Fire Badaboom, but feel free to favor your “Oh ■■■■” button of choice.
Chronicler of Elpis: It’s easy to underestimate this COM, but it boosts Nisha’s two best skills (Trick Shot and Tombstone), helps with freezing, and provides other useful bonuses to boot. This mod is critical to the build.
Adaptive Shield: From a survivability standpoint, these shields are top notch. I prefer maxing shield capacity and health, while trading off elemental resistance and recharge delay/rate, due to the Bottled Courage and Bona Fide Grit.
Tranquility Oz Kit or 3DDI.3: Tranquility is a nice base damage bonus, and it’s easy to stay topped up on O2 to keep it high. That said, 3DDI.3 does provide some nice survival benefits, such as the increased shield, occasional health/shield regen, and care packages.
Transfusion grenade: For me, this is mostly just lifegain, and the occasional cryo. Kiss of Death and Leech also fill the lifegain role nicely.
Glad for feedback or thoughts.