THIS IS A PORT OF A BUILD BY @Raptchur. THE ORIGINAL THREAD HERE.
I TAKE NO CREDIT NOR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS CONTENT. I HAVE RETAINED THE ORIGINAL FORMATTING TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY. IN THIS CASE I HAVE ADDED FORMATTING AS ORIGINAL HAD LITTLE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY CHANGES ARE NEEDED. I WILL ONLY MAKE CHANGES FOR THE PURPOSES OF ACCURACY.
THERE WAS ORIGINALLY A LINK TO A YOUTUBE VIDEO WHICH IS DEAD.
I’ve been noticing a lot of ppl saying Zer0 is too fragile for an in-your-face build. I would think his melee build would be proof otherwise but if that’s not enough try this build. It’s all about being right up in the enemies face and taking advantage of the tactical placement you can achieve through Decepti0n.
Legendary Killer COM : The ridiculous amount of critical damage that the Killer COM provides works wonders for point blank shotgun attacks. Not to mention the added points in Tw0 Fang and Vel0city. That being said, Vel0city will basically ruin one of the more powerful shotguns : the Flakker. Leave it out of the mix. It will also hurt the Twister’s B0re effect. So be warned if choosing to use it with this build.
Rustler’s Tidal Wave : Due to this gun’s odd spread, it isn’t thought very highly thought of. And for good reason. But on Zer0 the Tidal Wave can be devastating if used correctly. Zer0 has a few skills that make this shotgun not only viable but effective…
- Precisi0n tightens the spread a little and makes it possible to connect with most of the pellets at close range. (this gun is only effective at very close range, due to it’s spread)
- 0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill is great for added damage and procs quite often with the Tidal Wave due to it only having a 3 round mag and consuming 2 ammo per shot.
- Tw0 Fang works really well with this build and with 0S0K. With the Killer COM equipped you will have a 60% chance to fire twice, meaning a majority of the time you will empty the magazine in one shot allowing 0S0K to proc more often. And with the addition of the reload buff from the Killer skill (150% following a kill) and the additional 48% from a max stats Deputy’s Badge you will be doing a ton of damage quite often.
- B0re is what makes the Tidal Wave a lot of fun with this build. Since the bullets ricochet off of surfaces it is possible to proc B0re on a single target by shooting through him and having the pellets bounce off of a wall and come back and B0re him causing massive damage.
- Vel0city is mainly to aid B0re with the Tidal Wave. Allowing the pellets to travel at a higher rate, increasing the chance to hit targets with ricocheting bullets.
Rustler’s Orphan Maker : This shotgun already has immense damage. But with 0S0K and Tw0 Fang and Zer0’s added crit damage it’s just ridiculous. True it damages the wielder but killing an enemy procs Grim and therefore instantly repairs any damage done to your shield. The Orphan Maker is also great for use in FFYL assuming enemies are near enough.
Casual Ravager : I shouldn’t really have to say much about the Ravager. We all know how powerful it is. But with skills like Vel0city, Precisi0n, 0S0K and Tw0 Fang it’s just that much more powerful.
Fourth Weapon Slot : For your fourth slot I recommend a non-shotgun weapon like a DPUH for range when you need it and also if you run out of shotgun ammo.
Antagonist : The Antagonist is perfect for this build due to its high capacity, low recharge delay and the chance to deflect bullets and slag melee attackers.
Longbow Slag Transfusion Grenade : Doesn’t necessarily have to be longbow, just what I prefer. It slags and gives you health. Not much more you could ask for from a grenade mod.
Deputy’s Badge : I’ve tried a few different relics with this build : Shadow of the Seraphs, Heart of the Ancients (w/ shotgun Damage ) and a Jakobs Allegiance Relic ; but the Deputy’s Badge far and away gave me the best results. With the Tidal Wave and Orphan Maker having only a 2 shot magazine size which most of the time becomes one when Tw0 Fang procs, you will be reloading a lot. But if you are constantly getting kills the reload will be so fast you won’t even notice it.
So basically this build is as the title states - meant to be at point blank range for maximum damage and crits , especially for the Tidal Wave due to it’s abnormally wide spread.
With Zer0’s ability to go into Decepti0n and position himself close to and behind the enemy and to where he can B0re multilple targets, it makes for a very powerful and active build. You have to always be moving, which is aided by Zer0’s many mobility skills.
There are also many other shotguns that can be used with this build. So experiment. Let me know what you think works the best.
It’s also important to utilize Death Mark. You are always close to the enemy so give them a swipe of your sword and reap the benefits of an extra 20% damage. And for a little added fun… after taking almost all of their health with a well placed shot to the face, finish them with a melee strike. Killing Bl0w is still pretty damn good at 500%.
If used correctly, this build should lay to rest the thought that Zer0 is “weak” - imo he is anything but. Maybe even the best option for an in your face shotgun build.
This build is a work in progress but at least for me has been very effective and fun. I apologize if this is similar to an existing build. If so let me know and I will credit the owner or remove this thread.