[Build] Racing Nucular Warhead - A face-tanking gun build

Another great looking build I won’t be able to try forever because getting drops you want is so hard

Sounds like a Build a Itchy Flakker could be great at.
Maybe you can test it.

Looks fun, i was thinking in doing something like that, but with the atom balm artifact (boosts aura damage/ aura burst damage/ aura radius) but probably the elemental projector is more potent

elemental projector = greveward

Pestilence = Heckle

Red suit = Sylestro and atomic

1 Like

Random question: is Nuclear purposefully misspelled?

Got him. Back it up, we’re done here.

Yeah, this is often overlooked. It seems to be rarer than the other anointments due to it being Amara exclusive. And people don’t seem to like the Phasegrasp ones all that much so it’s rarely covered. But I enjoy it in this setup quite a bit.

It’s still very potent in this setup and almost always active without requiring you to use a separate weapon to apply it to yourself - Pestilence and enemy explosions do that for you. The only time I see the Atom Balm outperforming the Projector is when you’re able to herd together multiple enemies and prefer a more passive playstyle (without shooting your gun all that often) and/or going range with another gun. But then an argument could be made that the Red Suit would be redundant as well and you could switch to another build altogether.

As stated by brturossi, it’s quite easy to farm those items due to them having a specific drop source. I’ll add them to the guide for easy reference.

I only tried it before the hotfix and it was extremely good, too good for my liking. And having to keep some distance removed parts of the reason to go with the Red Suit. With the hotfix in mind, I’d go for a build with some points spent into Fast Hands and Alacrity. I currently can’t make any tests due to having no access to my PC and I also don’t like Torgue weaponry in general. But I expect it to still work wonders with the two aforementioned skills.

Yeah, I initially planned to use an Atom Balm because it fits the theme somewhat better. But there was no way for me to ignore the Projector because it does everything the Balm does but even more than that and better in this setup. And with having the DOT active all the time that also buffs the Red Suit’s damage and therefore healing the Projector was the obvious go-to.

Yeah, I had it spelled correctly until I remembered one of the Simpsons episodes… :smiley:

That’s pretty much what I figured.

Also, how do you multi-quote like that? I’ve had to resort to double posting because I can’t figure it out.

The easiest way is to mark the text you want to quote. Then a quote button appears above the marked text. Hit it and it will get included in the reply window.
Alternatively, you could hit reply on a post you want to quote while the reply window is open, hit the speech bubble, hit the reply button on another post, hit the speech bubble again, etc. pp.

So looking at this build a game why am I thinking that the breaker mod with +3 to personal space and this skill loadout based around the tsunami sounds extremely overpowered? With a different shield and relic of course

Yeah, the Tsunami is underrated in my opinion. Most people probably don’t know what it does and that you get healed by it (Sustainment) even though no element is shown on its card. There are obviously better guns for bosses but while mobbing it’s awesome especially due to the inherent ricochet.

Already killed katagawa ball over 300 times trying to get a good anointed one that I’m itching to try out with this mod:

1 Like

One thing I forgot to mention:
When you have a shield with the “Novas while Phasegrasped” anointment those novas also trigger on the second, third, etc. target when using Eternal Fist. So, Ties That Bind isn’t necessarily the best option to use in every scenario.

That works. Not as easy to do on a phone, but it still works. Thanks.

Just a bit of an update: I came across a variant of this build that uses a Maliwan Shotgun called Screaming Banshee (?), which drops from the Rare Hunt monster in Desolation’s Edge. It’s kind of like the Pestilence, but every shot it fires is an AOE (if I’m understanding correctly, the Pestilence only creates a Nova when it overheats). It would also provide more synergy if you could get a Cutpurse Elemental Projector, as you’d get the ability to regen ammo via the Facepuncher. Not sure if it’s actually better than the Pestilence, but definitely worth considering.

Are you referring to the Shrieking Devil shotgun (drops from Blinding Banshee)? If so, it’s a great gun and works really well in this build. Actually, basically any radiation splash damage gun can work in this build. Pestilence isn’t the best one, I just mentioned it specifically because it’s underrated IMO.

Those things don’t exist legitimately. Artifacts can have only 1 main ability (Cutpurse or Projector) and a secondary one which is reserved for legendary effects.

1 Like

Ah. Didn’t know a Cutpurse Elemental Projector wasn’t possible. I’ve gotten purple Cutpurses, (I may have the name wrong; it’s the one that gives ammo on Melee), and thought Elemental Projector was the Legendary part. Still not used to how the Artifacts work.

EDIT: and yeah, I was referring to the Shrieking Devil shotgun. Got my names confused.

1 Like

Further update: if you’re going to use the Shrieking Devil with this build, drop Forceful Expression. Shrieking Devil inflicts self damage, so you end up downing yourself very quickly. It might be possible to run a Shock version of the build so you can keep Forceful Expression, but I’ve heard that you have trouble getting the Shock DoT with the Transformer, so it would be harder to use the Elemental Projector with that version.

2 Likes

Shreiking devil is perfect for this build, think i found my gun amara build. Will post gameplay soon. Hitting 100k a shot = awesome.

trial of cunning with shreiking sire amara