This is a direct update to my much older Deputy Krieg build, which hasn’t really aged well. This build is MUCH more effective.
As the name might suggest, this build relies on the Legendary Reaper and the Twister. Since the Twister has Grenade-type splash damage, it’ll activate Blood Bath if it kills with the splash damage for a LOT of damage. Coupled with all of Krieg’s other skills, this build will crank up the Twister’s damage to insane levels, basically negating all of its weaknesses with massive Fire Rate, Reload Speed and Magazine Size boosts.
THE SKILLS :
Here is the spec that I use for this build. As always, you can change some things based on your personal preference.
Blood Bath, Salt the Wound and Pain is Power are your Gun Damage skills. Together they can reach a whopping +675% Gun Damage, which is almost the equivalent of 400 Anarchy stacks but without the negatives !
Blood-Filled Guns, Nervous Blood, Embrace the Pain and Elemental Elation are your indirect damage skills. All of them combined can reach up to +150% Reload Speed, +350% Magazine Size and +95% Fire Rate ! These boosts all contribute massively to the Twister because of its lower Magazine Size, Fire Rate and Reload Speed.
Now keep in mind all of these boosts are either from Stacks or Kill Skills, so you have to deal damage and chain kills to keep your boosts up, which makes this build extremely fun !
THE GEAR :
- Twister : obviously, this is gonna be your main weapon. You get this weapon from Omnd-Omnd-Ohk, so it’s not exactly the easiest farm out there. You don’t need a perfect one to make this build work though, even the worst possible one can work due to all the bonuses to make up for its flaws.
- Grog Nozzle : 65% Life Steal and sky-high Slag chance ? Sign me up ! This is the best Slag tool for this build without the shadow of a doubt. Again, you can just use the one you get from the The Beard Makes The Man quest, parts really don’t matter.
- Top Gear : to complement your build you can definitely use other weapons that are generally good with Krieg. I’d imagine the Conference Call would be amazing for airborne enemies and enemies that resist Grenade splash, or a Carnage to easily proc Blood Bath.
CLASS MOD :
- Legendary Reaper : the cornerstone of this build, boosting Blood Bath and doubling the Kill Skill timer. You can get it from Tubby enemies, and you can just keep a level 62 one. No need to farm an OP10 one, as the stats don’t change at all.
- Rough Rider : I don’t think this one needs an introduction. It is a staple item for Krieg, best-in-slot Shield for most situations. You can get it from killing The Bulwark in Hunter’s Grotto.
- Flame of the Firehawk : same for this one, it’s arguably the coolest Shield in the game. The Novas can proc Blood Bath and stack both Bloodlust and Elemental Elation, and they can heal you as well through Life Steal. You can get it by turning-in the Cult Following: The Enkindling quest.
GRENADE MODS :
- Chain Lightning : amazing for Life Steal, setting yourself on fire and stacking. You can get it from one of the Ultimate Badass mages from Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep.
- The Electric Chair : a Tesla on ultra-pure Pandoran steroïds. It’s easy to kill yourself with it if you’re not careful, but it’ll tear enemies apart while activating a bunch of Krieg’s skills. You can get it from Uranus in Helios Fallen.
- Fastball : generally great offensive Grenade Mod, if you want some range or a reliable tool to proc Blood Bath if you’re having trouble with the Twister. You can get it from Boll in Three Horns Divide.
- Low-level Pandemic : this one is pretty unpopular for how effective it is. It is the single best stacking tool in the entire game. You can get it from Mortar in Sawtooth Cauldron.
- Bone of the Ancients : you’ll want a Shock-element one for the multiplicative boost. You can get one from Legendary Loot Midgets.
- Blood of the Ancients : alternatively, you can go for the extra health and ammo since the Twister can be pretty ammo-hungry. You can get one from Legendary Loot Midgets as well.
The playstyle is very simple : Rip and Tear. Krieg unlocks his potential by brawling, so in on the enemies and try to get kills with the Twister’s splash damage to proc Blood Bath, then you’re set for 14 seconds.
Then all you need is to deal and take damage for the other skills to activate, and you should just be able to just run across the battlefield with everything dying left and right.
You might have issues activating Blood Bath because the Twister is only 40% Grenade-type splash, so make sure to use weapons or grenades that can help you with it if you’re having trouble with it.
Bloodsplosion won’t really do much but it can make some work sometimes, especially if you decide to use a Fastball for instance.