To start off on this one I have to say, Recursion is a weapon I’ve always thought to be a bit cheesy and wasn’t really a fan of. I’ve even talked some ■■■■ about it now and then. It’s the type of thing you can put on pretty much any build and it’s a bit ridiculous, sort of akin to Tediore chucking.
I recently got one drop that was Shock/Corrosive with +175% fire after Iron Bear anoint and it piqued my interest so I started messing around with it a bit. The damn thing grew on me and I’ve ended up setting up a build to take advantage of it for some casual laid back farming. Typically I use this in Slaughters for being able to farm in a relaxed way.
I’m going to show 2 versions of the build here. The first video is the main build/explanation and a full clear of Slaughter Shaft. This is the version I would use for almost all the mobbing in the game. The second video will show the tweaks I make to it in order to use it for the raid and will include a full raid run.
There are a lot of ways to use this weapon as I said it works well with pretty much anything but after quite a bit of experimenting this is what I settled on as my favorite setup.
- Recursion with +175% fire after exiting Iron Bear.
- Any ASE shield.
- Any ASE nade.
- Blast Master +splash/aoe/shotgun/grenade
- Any artifact you like I prefer to use Last Stand +splash/aoe/shotgun/grenade.
- Any preferred cleanup weapon.
- Enter/Exit Iron Bear.
- Shoot something in the face killng the bulk of initial spawns with 1-2 shots.
- Clean up with nades/iron bear/cleanup weapon the last couple enemies.
- Very casual and entertaining build to play.
Build explanation and full M4 SS clear:
Build Tweak and full M4 Takedown clear: