Become Steve Austin the Bandit Specialist!!
This started as a gag but ended up turning into a pretty badass little build (but is still a gag, right @paulothead?). There was a thread that touted the excellence of the Specialist COM, which surely is the worst COM in the entire game right? However, this individual stuck the Specialist together with the Lascaux and it got me thinking…
The Specialist’s only variable is increased SMG accuracy
It also boosts :
- Duty Calls (+damage for non-elemental guns)
- Ready (reload)
- Forbearance ( -status effects / +health ).
So I got to thinking, other than the Lascaux, the Tattler and Bone Shredder are perfect candidates for this : extra reload and the accuracy increase from the COM is actually ideal for multi-pellet Bandit SMGs.
Safe to say Bandit guns (SMGs especially) suffer from four problems :
- #1 : slow reload
- #2 : slow fire rate
- #3 : mediocre damage
- #4 : poor accuracy
Only four problems you say?
This is an accuracy comparison with/without the Specialist COM :
That fixes problem #4. That’s pretty good, right? RIght?? Tell me I’m right
So here’s the build :
It’s a build. Do what you like (Resourceful Expertise for example), but here are the highlights :
- Duty Calls : this is the foundation of the build. True story. At 10/5 you get +50% gun damage and +30% fire rate which takes care of problems #2 and #3.
- Ready : at 8/5 reload is +64%. That’s problem #1 taken care of.
- Metal Storm : pretty obvious this is a mobbing build, so more fire rate means more of Bandit’s problems sorted, right?
- Pressure : more reload.
- Forbearance : there’s no advantage to going with a blue Specialist, so might as well invest one point to be boosted by a purple COM. Well worth the point.
- Preparation and Able : only Bandit guns, so no Moxxi.
And the gear :
- Specialist COM : of course. Go purple : ideally Military (+5 Duty Calls).
- Bandit allegiance relic : this is intended to be a casual Bandit allegiance build and the relic is the cornerstone of allegiance. Bandit relics will boost damage and reload or fire rate (I’d personally opt for damage + fire rate). If you don’t have one, a SMG aggression relic will do.
- Tattler : I really hate this gun, but there are ways to make it shine and this build takes care of most of its problems (bullet speed being the only thing that can’t be fixed here). Obviously it needs to be non-elemental. Otherwise it has fairly decent accuracy to begin with (for an Anarchy) and has very respectable damage.
- Bone Shredder : an easier to get Tattler that uses twice the ammo (who cares?), decreased accuracy and despite the decreased damage is still pretty badass. It can at least have an accessory but again, must be non-elemental.
- Slagga : because…Slagga, duh.
- Badaboom : you’re probably going to need this
- Shields : go for a roid if you want to stay closer to allegiance. I recommend a Punchee due to its extremely good recharge rate. Again, no Moxxi means you want it recharged ASAP. Otherwise, whatever shield you fancy. I went safe with a Blockade.
- Grenades : same as shields really. Go Bandit…or not. Recommendations : Contraband Skyrocket, tesla, shock singularity, explosive transfusions.
There you go. You are now OP8 ready!!
(In reality, this is a very strong build at low OP levels)