So I thought about doing a no-gear build and this is the closest I could come up with. It requires a very minimal amount of shooting and could be done without any weapons if it weren’t for badasses and FFYL. This isn’t a DPS-build, it’s more of a plaything for if you really want to use your Surveyors (and nothing else) and stay alive through it all.
- Flying Fridgia: Very solid cryo weapon, great freeze chance and two projectiles makes it an amazing SMG to have on-hand. As I said before, you don’t need to shoot this as much if you’re just dealing with mobs.
- Shield of Ages: Amazing capacity, beats out the combined shields and health of an adaptive shield. Makes great use of all the skills in this build and of the shield bonuses of the Celestial Enforcer and the EDD1.E.
- Celestial Enforcer: Probably Wilhelm’s best class mod, provides extra shield capacity and extra gun damage. Boost 6 skills that we use in this build.
- [color=lightgreen]+5 Afterburner[/color]
- [color=lightgreen]+5 Fire Support[/color]
- [color=skyblue]+5 Man and Machine[/color]
- [color=skyblue]+5 Targeting Scope[/color]
- [color=lightcoral]+5 Auxiliary Tanks[/color]
- [color=lightcoral]+5 Energize[/color]
- Afterburner: You don’t need the reload speed, but the air speed and projectile speed (which I assume boosts Wolf’s bullets too) is very welcome.
- Fire Support: Again, you don’t need the gun damage, but Wolf’s damage buff is great.
- Venom Bolts: 2 points for good measure, not for damage but more for potential freezing (paired with Cold War)
- Suppression: I wasn’t sure on wether to use this or not, but it was recommended so I figured, why not. It makes Wolf attack way faster than usual, the rate of his volley shots is increased.
- Laser Guided: This will be your main activity when fighting mobs, strategically painting targets to extend the duration of your Wolf and Saint as long as possible.
- Rolling Thunder: Amazing damage boost for Wolf, great synergy with Laser Guided, main source of your damage.
- Cold War: Boosts freeze chance for your Fridgia (if you need it) and adds freezing chance for every elemental effect you deal to an enemy (Venom Bolts or barrels, in this case).
- Omega Strike: Awesome capstone for damage, unfortunately does not gets buffed by Rolling Thunder but is still great without (especially when the target is frozen!)
- Man and Machine: Provides survivability across the board, 30% to both your shield and your health and 50% to Wolf’s shield and health, keeps him healthy.
- Targeting Scope: You don’t need this at all but it’s nice for when you do.
- Power Fist: Save this for frozen badasses to help your Wolf a little.
- Divert Power: This isn’t used that much since the cooldown is quite long, but it will definitely save your life when you’re on the brink of death.
- Auxiliary Tanks: No-brainer, buffs your Wolf & Saint’s duration and cooldown rate.
- Energize: Amazing skill for survivability. Your health regen goes up to a constant 14.5% per second. With all your max health increases, enemies can barely scratch you. On top of that, Saint occasionally (read: often) recharges your shield to 80% (read: 100%). This is similar to the EDD1.E but better.
- Heatsinks: These are low bonuses, but still go very well with the Shield of Ages and does provide the extra survivability that you need when Saint & Wolf are on cooldown.
- Termination Protocol: For when you do go in FFYL, get more mobility, chance to freeze (shock and Cold War) and the explosion at the end will probably get you up when it needs to).
- Zero Hour: Backup-plan for when Saint and Wolf are down, the only time you are vulnerable.
- Hazmat Containment Suit: No-brainer, gives you even more survivability in the form of elemental resistance. This wouldn’t be necessary if you use an adaptive shield, but it’s recommended with the Shield of Ages. You can swap this skill with Hard to Kill.
Throw out your Wolf & Saint as soon as you can, mark enemies with Laser Sighted as much as you can. Keep moving and your Surveyors should do all the work. Granted, Wolf is kind of slow-firing and sometimes the rockets don’t connect due to the environment, but it still kills enemies without you firing a single shot. Saint’s health and shield regen will keep you healthy even under sustained fire. I like this build a lot, tell me what you think! Always open for suggestions and tips!