Bulletmod needs help

Hey guys i know some out there were very happy with my work on projectile simulation in Bulletmod, however I’m trying to bring it up to date and in a playable state, i am having a very severe issue however.

I am able to run the mod when i keep it as loose files OR unpack the loose files from the .big file with unfbig. However when running the mod as the .big file I get Access Violation errors on loading into a game. -luatrace doesn’t seem to have much for me but here is what it gives.

Tue Jan 26 21:14:48 2016
Version 1.30, Build Number 21, Changelist Number 1089620
Loaded Archive: ‘Homeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHomeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HWBackgrounds.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHWBackgrounds.big’
UTIL – filepath failure, path doesn’t exists ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data\locale\English’
Loaded Archive: ‘English.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateEnglish.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘DataMP.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘Compatibility.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘E:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HWArgon.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘Bulletmod_v0.6.6.big’
Uing …profiles\ for profiles folder
GAME – Using player profile The Tidal One
Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (6.1 build 7601), Service Pack 1
Display: (0, 0, 1920, 1080) - (0, 0)
Switching to a 1920x1080 32bit mode
GL Info: 3.3 - 3.3.13417 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 15.301.1201.0
GL Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series
GL Part ID: 7900
Loaded Archive: ‘EnglishSpeech.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateEnglishSpeech.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘Music.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateMusic.big’
SOUND – created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxa streamer ], handle [ 0 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxaudio ], handle [ 1 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
Build name:
Built by : builduser
Data path : E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data
No mapping for font ‘Blender’ - using ‘default’
Resetting fp PC control word.
CmdLine: -mpbeta -mod Bulletmod_v0.6.6.big -overridebigfile -luatrace
12 Races Discovered
Race Filtering: DEATHMATCH rules - @Deathmatch
Starting Level: DATA:\LevelData\Multiplayer\DeathMatchHW2\2p_hostilities_end.level
parameter: attempt to call global `getGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
1: main of string “” at line 84
Restoring video mode
Display: (0, 0, 100, 100) - (8, 30)
Display: (0, 0, 100, 100) - (8, 30)

Seems like a pretty obvious error, no? Go find that call in your files - get rid of it.

Should be in theory but im at a loss as to where it is, since it only happens when the mod is packed in a big files its hard to narrow down

Infact im pretty sure that that call is no where in my mod files

Is your Mod public? I probably can’t play it on my current build (LOTS of stuff has changed, and if you’re doing weapon & bullet->missile stuff, well, that’ll be a big area) - but I can look.

Yes it is http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=405438285

Still struggling with this, hate to shamelessly bump buti feel really bad that i havent kept this mod up to date and have several people wanting it up and running

@BitVenom : Could you please confirm the order of priority between files ?

1. data folder .big files => dataUpdate folder .big files => -mod .big file => data folder “stand-alone” files
    or
  2. data folder .big files => -mod .big file => dataUpdate folder .big files => data folder “stand-alone” files

@Koopak If that’s the second case, you could have problems with files in the dataUpdate bigs overriding your own files when in big format. I recently helped someone who had exactly this message in the log because he edited ship files from the data bigs and not the dataUpdate bigs, so that’s why I’m thinking of this.

Could you try to move your big file from the data folder to the dataUpdate folder just to see if it changes anything ?

Edit : and by the way, are you sure that the files you edited are from the .big file in the dataUpdate folder and not from the data folder ?

Dwarfinator thankyou! i hadnt thought of that its very likely the problem

You’re welcome :wink:

It it was the case, could you explain exactly what was the problem ? I think it will eventually help other people

Score, while going through updates i found the getgamerubric call in the OLD kus_scout.ship that has been removed, ill let ya know when this is finished if it for sure fixed it

Great news !

It seems a lot of the ships from the “data” bigs have this “getGameRubric” thingy, which was removed in the “dataUpdate” bigs

GameRubric was removed, yes. Per: MOD AUTHORS - Important Format/Data Changes! [7/8 UPDATE]

1 Like

Thanks @sastrei ! :smiley:

Yes, got it, excellent thankyou dwarf and everyone

1 Like

You’re welcome :wink: