Bunkers & Badasses!

Hello, my fellow Vault Hunters! My name is Vincent Baker and I’m a published game designer. I’m a huge fan of the Borderlands series, and would like to share some of my thoughts on why I think my Otherworlds game system would be the perfect match for Borderlands’ Bunkers & Badasses.

Let’s get started, shall we?

There’s clear indication that fans are clamoring to get their hands on a Bunkers & Badasses game–not to mention that tabletop games have been on the rise, thanks to shows like Tabletop with Wil Wheaton and Critical Role with Matt Mercer.

I’ve noticed another thread here that discusses making Bunkers & Badasses into a tabletop game, but not an RPG. Personally, I’m not opposed to a card or board game for Borderlands, I’d love that! I just think it’d be a shame to use the Bunkers & Badasses name without it being an RPG.

So what do we have here?

The Otherworlds game system would be a perfect match because it uses skill trees, has a system for shields, loot hoarding, exploring worlds, humor, enemy variants, elemental damage–you name it! The system has been tested with hundreds of players, with over a thousand hours of registered gaming events.

If you’re interested in learning how the Otherworlds character creation works, you can view the beta PDF guide here.

Of course, Borderlands is a different game filled with its own themes and ideas, which would make the execution of using the Otherworlds System a little different. You can read how the Otherworlds System would be altered for Bunkers & Badasses, and what would go into the game itself, here.

I’m really happy with the way the ideas are coming together and how the system works for Borderlands.

Let me know your thoughts!

-Vincent

3 Likes