Call me skeptical

a kid gone claimed that he was playing with a dev (because he was wearing gearbox employee unquie skins as the claim goes) as krieg who dropped a every leg in the game. op8 ish.

I have never heard of devs wandering out to play with randoms… with a glitched back pack.

2 Likes

I played with a kid who made a similar claim. You know those items you can sell over and over to increase your backpack space? He claimed that it was a developer item given to him specifically because he has a YouTube channel. Why do kids these days spout such rubbish? We all knew the truth, but he swore black and blue. Ugh.

2 Likes

While devs have most definitely play with randoms (there’s an achievement for it in BL1), in this case i call shenanigans.
Not the first time there have been reports of people impersonating devs, wearing that exclusive skin, all while dropping what is probably hacked/modded gear.

3 Likes

I have run across similar scenarios. That is one of the main reasons I came to these forums. To distinguish fiction from non-fiction.

1 Like

you mean the extra secret quest to accumulate 500 eridium (ck), 500 seraph crystals (ck) and 2 special gold keys hidden near a volcano (not found yet) to unlock another 3 backpack slots, may not be on the up and up :scream:

I’d hate to think I may have wasted my time :wink:

1 Like

Not if you’re in the forums my friend. :wink: I come here for the education. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I love it when you call shenanigans… I’m going now.

3 Likes

1 Like

Wonder if the perpetrator is the same one I encountered a while back? Had the same glitched backpack (although I imagine that’s fairly common) and at least one dev skin (I suppose those aren’t exactly uncommon either - if you know how to generate one, …)

Somewhat embarrassed to admit that I have a Zer0 dev skin because this individual dropped a bunch of skins which I picked up and used, and it was just one of about a dozen. They’d mentioned the glitched backpack, and I just said “No thanks”, but they didn’t say anything about the skins. At the time, I didn’t know about the dev skins and I just thought it was a really cool rare skin. Thing is, you can’t exactly delete it without losing everything, so I still have it. Oh well :frowning: