Calling hax on @system defiance. MOD ABOOOSE. CONSTRUCTING LIKES and ROBOTS and STUFF THREAD. LEGO! DAMMIT INSPIROBOT! NEW: REAL GIANT ROBOT FIGHT!11111ONE. The number 4. What does it all mean?!. @system is Hungry. Feed @system quotes. ROBOOOTMUSICCSSS

3 Likes

6 Likes

One of my favourite TPS lines is a Claptrap response when you’re perusing his skill points: “Which one gives me free will?”. Good writing.

5 Likes

“If I sound pleased about this, it’s only because my programmers made this my default tone of voice! I’m actually quite depressed!”

"So great to be in Sanctuary. All of my friends are here, like Roland! Even though he did help Hyperion wipe out my product line after the robolution. But still – if I refused someone’s friendship just because they were a mass murderer, I wouldn’t have any friends at ALL! "

“Dammit, Jack – how did you know stairs were my ONLY weakness?! Next to electrocution, and explosions, and gunfire, rust, corrosion, being kicked a lot, viruses, being called bad names, falling from great heights, drowning, adult onset diabetes, being looked at funny, heart attacks, exposure to oxygen, being turned down by women, and pet dander! Your brilliance is matched only by your malevolence!”

(Note: Claptrap allergic to :cat:)

6 Likes

I’ve never heard this!!

Claptrap is allergic to cats. You are allergic to cats. Therefore… VaultHunter101 is a Claptrap unit?

3 Likes

And totally not

3 Likes

Claptrap occasionally provides useful information :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think Claptrap is probably the most under-appreciated character in the Borderlands universe. I mean yes, he can be annoying, and he does good up (a LOT), and he has a totally misplaced sense of his own importance.

#BUT

He doesn’t hesitate to go to Thousand Cuts or Heroes Pass to confront Jack/Hyperion (even though Roland thinks he might take some persuading to help on that first one).

So yeah… Actually, I have one of those Yahtzee! Claptrap units sitting in my office. I tell students I use it for assigning essay grades :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Honestly.

And I think I can safely say every moderator I know feels this way after the CBA discussion;

There are times where VaultHunter feels like he’s a ghost in the shell character whose cyberbrain is linked up to a database of BL2 knowledge.

3 Likes

The Ishikawa of the GBX-Forums :heart:

4 Likes

Not by me, Sir!

I have a lot of affection for Claptrap and think the sweetest moment in the series is his hug with Athena at the start of TPS.

To step outside the game, I think his character is brilliantly written in both 2 and TPS. And the latter, which does skills so well, melds skills and character perfectly in Claptrap.

5 Likes

I have one of those too lol

As for clappy, while my constructor persona LOTHES him for obvious reasons, clappy is up there as one of my favorite videogame characters of all time. Claptastyic Voyage is defiantly in the top 3 best DLC’s for me, so many lols and so many feels. Gah if I was more awake I COULD TYPE MORE WOOORDS aND STUFF XD

6 Likes

Clappy is great and all, but the best robot in Borderlands is Mal

1 Like

Hmm. I actually prefer JNK loaders.

2 Likes

Did you do what I think you did?

2 Likes

Maybe.

3 Likes

I think I’m flattered and offended

2 Likes

Are they the ones with the TRNK?! :stuck_out_tongue: