Can anyone please help me help my 82 year old Father in BL2 Xbox?

Kuoelman, I cannot tell a lie, after you assisted with OP6 my dad goes …“I don’t like playing with him, he kills everything too quick, what the hell am I even here for” haha haha, I told ya the ornery bastard wants to do it himself but he’s said several times…“that’s really neat that these folks are willing to help us and they don’t even know us”…

6 Likes

It’s like strangers helping each other during Katrina :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes that is what we were wondering, thank you for clarifying that a bladed weapon doesn’t boost Death Trap damage!

3 Likes

Nonproblem. There are so many little things in this game that there are threads dedicated to things we just discovered and things we learned ridiculously late, and I’ve (we’ve) reaped the benefits of everyone’s time on Pandora thanks to the sharing spirit. I (We) feel that the only way to repay that debt is to pay it forward.

:point_up_2: This. The peak is a Digistructed natural disaster we run into headlong.
I think that because of our shared experience we feel less like strangers here and more like a large, loosely defined family. When new people pop up its less “Hey there new guy” and more “Welcome home cuz. How you been?” :wave: :hugs: :beers: :grin: At least that’s how it felt to me when I got here.

4 Likes

You guys&gals are all so freaking cool, I’m doing my best to respond and be grateful but please bare with me as I don’t know these forums well and how to respond directly to someone. I see you guys respond and within the response it’s like you grab a piece or “quote” that yomu’re responding to and address it specmifically, I’m not sure how you’re doin that but I’m trying to respond to everyone cuz I truly appreciate how much you’ve helped me and my dad enjoy this game even more. I wish the rest of the world could be more like this video game group that doesn’t see anything but “friends” they’ve never met but still wana help! You guys are the best

3 Likes

I can relate to this. In my forum youth (that’s an exaggeration, there are a good deal of folks that have been around since launch, in comparison I’m still a young 'un) I knew very little and banged about like a jumpy cat on a drum kit. @VaultHunter101 posted this link before when someone asked a question about this, and I was mad that I hadn’t found it myself when I had a very similar question.

There’s probably a bunch of stuff there you already know, but it’s a handy reference for when your thoughts get ahead of your forum kung fu.

Derailment over. Maybe. I hope. It’s just hard for me to resist surfing any rad looking tangent. Apologies.

6 Likes

Hello, All, hope everyone had a great weekend…friday we came very close to killing OP7 D Mom so I think we’ll get it done soon, I’m wondering - I’ve had several warnings that if we get past D Mom the drop in arena area happens and we’ll face all 4 assassins at once which is just as difficult, would it be worth it to try to get our hands on a Sham shield as I believe all the assassins attacks are bullet based, if not, best ideas as far as which shield to use there? Dads not fast enough on the buttons to run the Bee and heal himself with a Grog so he always needs the best defensive shield I can get him for whatever area we’re in. Thanks again for all your help as Carlton Slayer provided us some more great OP7 gear this weekend and also Kurtdawg13 and Commondefence have in the past as well, you guys/gals rule!!

4 Likes

The easiest to obtain but also very good shield for him is maybe the Antagonist. The Blockade is better for pure defence but it requires you to farm the Dragons. As for the quad Assassins, i’d personally stick together and kill Rouf first, then Reeth, then Oney, and then Wot. Wot is the squishiest, Rouf being the most irritating.

3 Likes

Ok great, Carlton actually provided us an OP7 Blockade so I’ll have him use that, Kurt provided an OP8 Antagonist if I remember correctly so we’ll have that if we get past OP7. Thanks for the tips

4 Likes

You definitely will get past it, you work together and ask for advice when you need it. Those things will get you far my friends.
Do you have any singularity nades? That’s part of the advice I hear the most. Shock is a favorite around here, but the singularity is what you want (Quasar is preferred for the extra range, but any common drop with low fuse and a delivery other than homing will suffice). You can group them together that way and then hit them hard. Plus you can keep them from shooting you in the back that way.

4 Likes

Ok, we don’t currently have any singularity grenades but that should be easy enough to find/buy and I understand what you’re saying as I’ve seen those used very effectively in some videos. Kurt gave us a Quasar I believe but it’s OP8 so we’ll have it when we get to that level. Dad has been throwing the MM cuz he has to use seeking grenades or he gets flustered trying to aim them and lately I’ve been throwing the Pandemic and those two combined do a ton of damage but I think the Pandemic would do too much damage to myself so I’ll go to some singularity for crowd control …thanks for the tips!!

4 Likes

I have an OP6 Quasar. I’ll drop it for you if you want it? I’m at work so you’ll have to wait most of the day for me to get home, kinda like last time. :wink:

3 Likes

Damn you guys are amazing, that would be great, gotta take my step-daughter to doc appt but I can probably jump on anytime after 6pm Eastern today or dads coming over tomorrow so we’ll be on from 3-7pm, let me know if any of that works for you?.. thank you !!

3 Likes

I’m west coast…
that would be 3pm for me. I’d still be on the road. I’ll be home around 4pm my time. 7pm your time. :wink:

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll jump on a lil after 7 and keep an eye out for you and send invites …thanks again so much!

2 Likes

no worries. its rough communicating on xboxlive. I don’t have a txt pad. so it takes forever for me to send a msg on xboxlive. it’s much easier for me to type in here. :slight_smile:

• not having access to a mic sucks too. lol
    I have a ton of mules and not all if it is organized. So I could have some op6 stuff laying around somewhere. I’ll dig into it tonight. See if I have more than a quasar to give.
4 Likes

If you have a smartphone you can do it on the app, or you can also do it on the website. I know that’s not amazingly helpful in general but it is an option :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was about to suggest singularity grenades but someone beat me to it. Between that and Maya’s Converge, you should be able to group them together often and keep them off balance (not attacking you). Once grouped, Gaige with a lot of Anarchy points should blast the crap out of them with her rocket launcher. Assuming you are spec’d into those skills and that gear, etc.

6 Likes

Yes, dad does an Anarchy build and I have Converge, assuming he should use the Norfleet? We only have OP6 or higher in the Norfleet, Hive and Mongul! Thanks for the tips, Everyone

2 Likes

A 72 Norfleet is still functional at OP7… Ok not as over the top powerful but still useful!

3 Likes