Can anyone please help me help my 82 year old Father in BL2 Xbox?

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #21

Couldn’t agree more with this. If you’ve gone up to OP6 without help, you’re doing it right. :acmaffirmative:

The Peak is designed to be very difficult. Kudos! And welcome to the forums.

(Moranmo22) #22

You’re gonna love this, last night I tell my Old Man - “I met a friend online and he said he could run the Peak with us to help us out if we wanted him to”…he responds…“so we’re gonna cheat and let someone else do all the killing, if I ain’t pulling the trigger then it’s cheating” haha haha… ornery bastard lol. If farming the weapons is still an option that would be great but I would never expect someone to spend that kinda time helping a stranger! Thanks everyone who’s chimed in to help

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #23

I’ll see what I can do. I likely have a lot of stuff going spare. I play mostly on PS4 these days so I probably have loads already I don’t mind giving stuff away

(Moranmo22) #24

Ok, this pretty foreign territory for me …we can meet online in the game on different consoles with me being on Xbox One? Thanks again for your help, I can’t even begin to tell you how much help this is because couch Co-op games are so rare anymore so this will give us lots more fun trying to run the Peak OP6-8

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #25

No. I mean I have the game on both the consoles

(Moranmo22) #26

Hi, Everyone and hope you’re having a good week! We gave another run at the OP6 Peak last night and same story…obliterated by Dukinas Mom in less than 20 seconds with her damn shock balls. Per Kuolemanlaaksos request I’ve done some homework on what many consider the best gear but I’m sure many here are far more knowledgeable as to what is/works best so I’m all ears as to any recommendations. If there’s any way we can get our hands on any of this stuff I can’t tell you how much we/he( last night my old man looks at me and says “damn, we’re so close to the end I wana finish this damn game”)would appreciate anybody’s help. This list is just what I’ve gathered you great players seem to like best from watching Youtube videos etc, that’s a long list and I know we can’t get help with all that stuff but we really do appreciate any help at all. Thanks again, Everbody, for taking the time to read this and possibly help…

Lady Fists(best for Dukinas Mom for critical damage and the walk backwards “kiting” method?)
Tattler
DPUH(not nearly as important cuz I can game reset over and over til I get one from the Beatdown machines)
Magic Missile
Twister
Bekah
Interfacer
Sand Hawk
Avenger SMG
Butcher
Stalker
Blockade or Hoplite Shield(Would a huge shield like this be good at keeping us alive when Dukinas Mom hits us with those shock balls?)
Sham Shield
Bee Shield
Antagonist Shield
Fastball Grenade
Storm Front Grenade

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #27

I haven’t played on Xbox for a long while so i’d need to check what stuff I have, but i’m fairly sure I can help you with most of that if not all.

(Moranmo22) #28

Thank you so much for offering to help us, I know you’re outta town til the 17th so just let me know how/when to proceed and I’m all in to get online any evening or weekend or whatever it takes to meet you inside the game(That’s how this has to be done I assume…). I don’t have an Xbox headset because I pick my Old Man up on my way home from work once a week and we play together in my basement, not online, so if I need to get a headset so we can talk just let me know and I’ll get one. Thanks and everybody have a great weekend

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #29

Maybe? I think you might find a grounded prefix shield, or a Transformer, more helpful against that shock ball spam. Or even trying to tank through it with a Moxxi piece and some AOE grenade goodness, like a Storm Front, although a good tesla may work for this scenario.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #30

The best way to survive the shock balls is with a moxxi weapon and a chain lightning grenade. Regardless of shield size, I think two hits from the shock balls is FFYL, so you need to be healing in between them ideally, or moving away so they might miss (they never do but it always feels like they could). In theory if you use the rock kiting method, she shouldn’t ever use the shock balls. Now, she still might of course, but i’ve done it a few times without her ever even attacking me.

(Moranmo22) #31

Ok, so there’s folks that actually sell shift codes for gear on eBay and I bought a Transformer shield just for this Dukinas Mom area and she goes right thru it even with it’s shock resistance,
we both have as many skill points as possible in our shield upgrade skills and still die from one or two shock balls. Question about the Moxxi gear because we did hold onto a Grogg Nozzle once I heard how useful it was later in the game, does it have to be in my hand actually to heal me or just equipped in one of the 4 slots? I never thought of doing the area of effect grenade trick with this gun so thank you very much for that tip!

(Moranmo22) #32

Can the kiting method be done with multiple players? I try to critical hit her while Dad walks behind me slagging but I think he may get too far away from her and then the attacks come, any idea if he can hide behind the wall to the right of where she spawns or something?

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #33

The Grog needs to be in your hand for the health steal to work. Also, I think she is resistant to slag, and unlike in Lynchwood she is not weaker to corrosive damage. I’ve never tried a Transformer against her, but I do know that it is helpful against surveyors. The Chain Lightning that @Kuolemanlaakso mentioned is good for instant full heals, so could be just as helpful as AOE for Grog healz, I prefer Storm Fronts for sustained healing. It’s a matter of preference.

(Moranmo22) #34

We kinda realized that about the slag because she never turns purple but weren’t sure til now! And thanks for the info about corrosive, because her health line is yellow I just assumed that’s her weakness but now know we should just use the strongest gun possible. The whole Peak is tough as hell and you learn new stuff all the time, like - I thought everything in the Peak was susceptible to corrosive because they’re all “digitally” created enemies so corrosive would work like it does on robots. Thank you for setting some of this straight for us!

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #35

I don’t know if you’ve found this yet, but this thread is about elements on the peak. It’s helpful info. Also, have you seen the stage by stage breakdown?

It breaks down each area by spawn on each run and includes videos, as well as some strategies that make it a little easier to manage. I’ve found both of these threads to be extremely heloful.

(Moranmo22) #36

Ok I’ll check them out asap! I’ve read that fire is basically a useless element as well so we generally stick to corrosive, shock and explosive. We got lucky and found one Bone of Ancients Relic but it was fire so not so great in the Peak. I mostly use a 32% corrosive relic and dad uses a 32% explosive cuz with Anarchy he thinks the Harold is best for him to hit enemies. You mentioned “BoA”… I don’t know what that is? I apologize I’m not that crisp on the BL2 lingo and acronyms lol

(Moranmo22) #37

I just realized “BoA” is Bone of Ancients… sorry

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #38

Don’t sweat it. We throw lots of them around, and then there are some that mean different thing depending on context. EE is a good example. For Gaige it means Evil Enchantress, for Krieg it could mean Elemental Elation or Elemental Empathy. Here’s a link to a thread that attempts to put them all in one place.

Your shield is almost irrelevant with Dukino’s Mom - one shock ball will break anything - so might as well go with a Bee. Blockade is the most practical shield for the rest of the map, but that involves the Dragons, so forget that. Gaige makes great use of any turtle shield. Adaptive shields are great here too. But a Bee is great for both Maya and Gaige (on the more open maps).

Another grenade I like to use is a Pandemic - but they’re not easy to come by and farming them means trudging halfway through Sawtooth. But corrosive DoTs last the longest and the Pandemic pops out homing blobs for a long time. Barring that - Chain Lightning all the way. People recommend tesla/Storm Front but what if she’s on the other side of the rock? or she simply moves out of its AoE?

Maya can use Phaselock with Grog for instant heals ; otherwise save Phaselock for a Res.
Deathtrap might take aggro allowing you to unload with impunity - but I don’t play Gaige enough.

Otherwise, stay close together and keep a distance of roughly half the arena’s distance - not close, not far. Her shock balls are RNG, so you may not ever get them but keeping that middle distance seems to minimize it.

Elements : for most “flesh” enemies all elements are equal so fire works fine (except on robots and Scorch). If you have a good fire gun, use it.

Guns :

• Tattler is a severely overrated gun. A Bitch or SandHawk with a Bee will outperform dramatically.
  • Avenger is best for someone like Axton.
  • DPUH is not your friend here : it’s slow, inaccurate and will obliterate your ammo reserves. Look for Hard, Intense, Crammed, even Explicit. What’s more important is getting Torgue grip which gives better reload, bigger mag size and more damage. This has Torgue grip (with the flange on the bottom)

• for Gaige a ricochet Fibber - she can do wonders with this gun. Seriously, if you only get one thing for her, this is it. Bounce it on the ground and Close Enough will (mostly) take over - great for surveyors, incredible with a Bee. You still have to aim the ricochet a bit.

I better stop here.

(Moranmo22) #40

Whoa… that’s a helluva a lot of info but I get most of it and thank you for taking the time. We currently have switched from the DPUH to I think(at work so I can’t look at it) an Intense version which fires at something like 2.6 shots per second instead of the DPUH 1.6.

We have a pretty good turtle shield we got outta the gold chest, I think it’s like 1.8m or something like that, why do you say Gaige makes such great use outta them, I’m asking because maybe Dad needs to change his skill tree points to something we’re not realizing?

When my father’s sent out Mechromancer he does go toe-to-toe with Dukinas Mom but she will just suddenly stop fighting MM(Mechromancer, did I just create a new acronym for the game because I don’t see it in the acronym list up there? ^^ lol) turn her head and launch the shock balls ----> dead

So basically what this comes down to in order to get past Dukina Mom is we need to practice switching very quickly to the Grog and hitting ourselves with a grenade as soon as Mom starts shooting shock balls, correct?