Can anyone please help me help my 82 year old Father in BL2 Xbox?

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #81

You definitely will get past it, you work together and ask for advice when you need it. Those things will get you far my friends.
Do you have any singularity nades? That’s part of the advice I hear the most. Shock is a favorite around here, but the singularity is what you want (Quasar is preferred for the extra range, but any common drop with low fuse and a delivery other than homing will suffice). You can group them together that way and then hit them hard. Plus you can keep them from shooting you in the back that way.

(Moranmo22) #82

Ok, we don’t currently have any singularity grenades but that should be easy enough to find/buy and I understand what you’re saying as I’ve seen those used very effectively in some videos. Kurt gave us a Quasar I believe but it’s OP8 so we’ll have it when we get to that level. Dad has been throwing the MM cuz he has to use seeking grenades or he gets flustered trying to aim them and lately I’ve been throwing the Pandemic and those two combined do a ton of damage but I think the Pandemic would do too much damage to myself so I’ll go to some singularity for crowd control …thanks for the tips!!

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #83

I have an OP6 Quasar. I’ll drop it for you if you want it? I’m at work so you’ll have to wait most of the day for me to get home, kinda like last time. :wink:

(Moranmo22) #84

Damn you guys are amazing, that would be great, gotta take my step-daughter to doc appt but I can probably jump on anytime after 6pm Eastern today or dads coming over tomorrow so we’ll be on from 3-7pm, let me know if any of that works for you?.. thank you !!

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #85

I’m west coast…
that would be 3pm for me. I’d still be on the road. I’ll be home around 4pm my time. 7pm your time. :wink:

(Moranmo22) #86

Ok, I’ll jump on a lil after 7 and keep an eye out for you and send invites …thanks again so much!

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #87

no worries. its rough communicating on xboxlive. I don’t have a txt pad. so it takes forever for me to send a msg on xboxlive. it’s much easier for me to type in here. :slight_smile:

• not having access to a mic sucks too. lol
    I have a ton of mules and not all if it is organized. So I could have some op6 stuff laying around somewhere. I’ll dig into it tonight. See if I have more than a quasar to give.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #88

If you have a smartphone you can do it on the app, or you can also do it on the website. I know that’s not amazingly helpful in general but it is an option :slight_smile:

(This Just In: CNN CEO Hunter Hellquist denies fake news) #89

Was about to suggest singularity grenades but someone beat me to it. Between that and Maya’s Converge, you should be able to group them together often and keep them off balance (not attacking you). Once grouped, Gaige with a lot of Anarchy points should blast the crap out of them with her rocket launcher. Assuming you are spec’d into those skills and that gear, etc.

(Moranmo22) #90

Yes, dad does an Anarchy build and I have Converge, assuming he should use the Norfleet? We only have OP6 or higher in the Norfleet, Hive and Mongul! Thanks for the tips, Everyone

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #91

A 72 Norfleet is still functional at OP7… Ok not as over the top powerful but still useful!

(This Just In: CNN CEO Hunter Hellquist denies fake news) #92

Forgot to say that deathtrap should keep one of the assassins occupied as well. Just make sure the DT is ready (cooled down) when Gaige jumps into that area so it is available.

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #93

Did he grab Sharing is Caring too? If so maybe a Black Hole would be advantageous for more singularity effects. Just switch it out real quick after the initial summon.

(Focused for Success in a Distracting World) #94

Another note for tactics is to stick by either end of the pipe (on the left when you enter). That way you can run around it when you need to. I think you can shoot under it too - great for Gaige.

Avoid the block structure on the right because they can jump on top of it - then you can get trapped by three at the same time.

As everyone has said, any lobbed or longbow singularity with low fuse time : get them clustered in the middle of the arena and keep them away from the perimeter.

(Moranmo22) #95

Wait, so whatever shield dad is wearing when he summons DT stays with DT the whole time, if dad changes his shield it won’t change DTs?? did not know this, we don’t have a BLack Hole(I’ve never even heard of that…damn rookies over here lol) But we do have an OP6 Impaler that Commondefence gave us, that would certainly help I’d think?

(Moranmo22) #96

Wait, so whatever shield dad is wearing when he summons DT stays with DT the whole time, if dad changes his shield it won’t change DTs?? did not know this, we don’t have a BLack Hole(I’ve never even heard of that…damn rookies over here lol) But we do have an OP6 Impaler that Commondefence gave us, that would certainly help I’d think?

(Moranmo22) #97

Thanks for the advice, especially the Gaige tip, with Close Enough and the Fibber we received from Commondefence that will be a great tactic for dad in that arena …thank you

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #98

That is how it works. It’s not necessarily easy or convenient, in coop the menu doesn’t pause the action which makes it risky, but it can be done. I’d recommend making sure that the menu is on the appropriate tab before you drop in. Drop in wearing the Black Hole, hit the AS and then switch real quick. It might not be worth the effort, or it might be what you need. The Black Hole comes from Foreman Rusty/Jasper in Opportunity. The singularity is what you’re looking for, so the Impaler probably wouldn’t be as helpful. And this is only if you’re specced for Sharing is Caring. You might even prefer a roid shield for DT. Full disclosure, I use a Black Hole at all times on my Gaige and it’s essentially a free singularity pull, but you miss out on other, possibly better, perks.

(This Just In: CNN CEO Hunter Hellquist denies fake news) #99

Black hole is from Foreman Jasper in Opportunity. You meet Jasper as part of the quest Hell Hath No Fury given by Moxxie.

(Focused for Success in a Distracting World) #100

There are other, easier to get options for DT shields : notably roid shields. The Impaler is generally pretty weak and the Black Hole is a pain to farm.

I’d personally scour the vendors for a roid shield with decent damage.