Can someone with X360 BL2 play with someone who has the Handsome Collection?

(simonwentworth) #1

Can someone with X360 BL2 on XB1 (as acquired on Games with Gold) play with someone who has the Handsome Collection on XB1?

Please advise ASAP.

(Is this thing on?) #2

No, You can only play between 360 and XB1 using the BL2 backwards compatible version.

Edit to add: this is because there are some significant differences “under the hood” between the way XB1 native and 360 native connect to the XBL system.

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #3

From what I can gather you can’t play the Handsome collection alongside people with the backwards compatible version of Borderlands 2 on Xbox One.

I believe @LunaticOne stumbled upon this issue when he was powerleveling people shortly after the backwards compatible version was released.

(LunaticOne) #4

as @VaultHunter101 and @Tokesy97

I’ve had several want my help and when sent a invite they all were sent to the Microsoft Store, because the 2 games are not compatible with each other…

as VaultHunter101 says “this is because there are some significant differences “under the hood” between the way XB1 native and 360 native connect to the XBL system.”

It’s better to Just get the Handsome Collection and transfer your toons over from the 360, then to mess with the free download.